Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I was done a week ago. Fired up the stove again this morning. Not cold really, just miserably wet overnight.
P1010071.JPG
Upstream side of the ditch under my driveway this morning.
P1010072.JPG
Downstream side. The pipe is either 20 or 24", can't remember. The yard sign is 24". It was dry yesterday afternoon! If it comes over the top I'll lose my driveway. Even the 'big' box-o-beer won't change my mood if that happens, and it's still raining with more in the forecast.
P1010069.JPG
Not sure where these 'spouts' in my yard are coming from. That's a 3-pt hitch carry-all in the background for scale. It's like a couple of buried garden hoses pointing straight up. And no, I don't have a sprinkler/irrigation system!

Thought I was done a week ago. Fired up the stove again this morning. Not cold really, just miserably wet overnight.

View attachment 350597
Not sure where these 'spouts' in my yard are coming from. That's a 3-pt hitch carry-all in the background for scale. It's like a couple of buried garden hoses pointing straight up. And no, I don't have a sprinkler/irrigation system!
Looks like you have an irrigation now, no charge. That's a lot of water hope everything ends well

Thanks Icehouse.
The rain has stopped and the water level is going down a bit. I'm getting together with a few neighbors to clean out some culverts downstream that the State is supposed to maintain. We have heavy equipment if necessary, and the New Yorkistan DOT is not going to be happy when we put the traffic cones out on their sovereign property, but we'll do what needs to be done.
Lots of pi**ed off folks in my area, and we haven't been hit as hard as those just a few miles to the south.

Had a nice fire two nights ago when it was 46. Woke up at 5 and the house was a nice 72F, just like Obama said it should be!

Had a nice fire two nights ago when it was 46. Woke up at 5 and the house was a nice 72F, just like Obama said it should be!
Nobody told me how warm it would be, guess I'm on the wrong wave length or channel. It's cooling off after a little thunder storm so may have to lit up again. Thanks for the PM Bob, I really got to work on that Obama connection LOL

yee haa i had to light the stove, i got a little pile of pine and poplar burning now to cut the draft it is 44 outside :cry: :rolleyes:

Had a fire this morning, letting it go out now. Still in the 40s outside. Kinda late for this cold weather here. The grass is lovin it though.

I really thought I was done. I've even had the ac on a couple of nights as we've had some temps in the '90s already. I had to take a couple of wheelbarrow loads over to my dad.

Had 30° and frost this morning, still building a fire morning and evening, not much has been changing except the grass is starting to get green and we almost have leaves on trees.

Yes, I have a fire burning as I type this. Kinda nice today,,,,in the fourties, but going to get to about 32 tonight.

Supposed to go down to 43 tonight - I think I'll light the little stove.

I'm in TN, and I'm not in the mtns, just close to 'em. Got old folks staying here for a few days, and the temps have been in the low to mid 40's at night. Guests were getting really uncomfortable, so I've fired up the wood heater again. I think we qualify as being in the south, yet there is smoke coming out the chimney and it's in the middle of May - this has never happened before. And today someone tells me that it has just snowed in Chicago! Well, I guess you can now call me a "global warming denier".

My 'tater plants love this weather, I'm anticipating one of my best 'tater crops ever. Just harvested a bushel basket of broccoli, which is a cool weather plant, and not a single caterpillar one 'em and I never sprayed any pesticide, got 100% organic this time. The white butterflies that lay eggs all over the cabbage and broccoli are noticeably absent so far, I've never experienced this before either. I'm in the basement typing this, with the door open so the dogs can go in and out as they please, and I'm wearing a sweater. Let's hear some applause for climate change, it's changing to cooler! I'm already stockpiling wood for next winter, hope we get some snow down here.

I still ain't cut a single stick of firewood this year yet...
We moved from too much snow right into too much mud, it ain't quit raining for more than a day or two at a time... and now other "jobs" have become pressing.
Garden finally went in yesterday, my daughters graduation is today, need screens on the windows, electric PTO clutch on the old JD went up in smoke Friday night, ain't got the lawn furniture out yet, wife is hounding me for the new kitchen floor I promised, need to build the tomato cages, the roof started leaking around the chimney during the last downpour, wife says the A/C ain't workin' in her van, near everything is due for a spring service/tune-up, no doubt I'll be cuttin' the grass every 5 days now... the only thing that's ready-to-go and don't need attention is the chainsaw, which I ain't got time to use.
Might be cuttin' firewood during weed and bug season this year... if it ever warms up enough for weeds and bugs :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back