Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest is more like... "What's being done to my bench..."

I've been spending a little time here and there improving the welding bench. I just added the grinder rack. No not all of the grinders will be staying they are mostly on there for my upcoming grinder thread.
b3cc9be8ce73e12763fcaafaf192dc14.jpg

Tool cup
For grinder tools. Notice I painted
The raker gauge and allens red so I can spot them and make sure they get back where they belong
3f6c44df3c9b4a0ff2c0dabea47f74ce.jpg

8a1d16108eed356d250f2f8f1f17fe3e.jpg

Adding new Wilton I got cheap at auction. Still unsure if I want this on my bench or not. Don't want to beat the bench casters to death if I'm pounding on stuff in the vice.
2e03dbb2a16c4a037181bcb2e64b3eb0.jpg

I'll probably be adding a bar rail grinder and maybe a breaker/spinner to this table. Trying to think out the best organization for the shop right now.

Ms310 conglomeration... My brother is home from college and I was away in Texas. He took over my tool box. Have to see how he did on his first saw build (after no less than a dozen calls to me lol)

So here's what's on my bench right now. Anybody know what saw this is? (I'm sure most of you do)

IMG_0123.JPG

Here's why it came all apart
IMG_0107.JPG

And here is the fixIMG_0133.JPG

Gonna check for leaks and give the carb a good cleaning before I fire it up. A lean condition caused the melt-down!

So here's what's on my bench right now. Anybody know what saw this is? (I'm sure most of you do)

View attachment 472440

Here's why it came all apart
View attachment 472444

And here is the fixView attachment 472449

Gonna check for leaks and give the carb a good cleaning before I fire it up. A lean condition caused the melt-down!
Yeah, I have three of them apart right now..I don't know why so many scuffed pistons when there's no apparent air leak. Must have been straight gassed.

They are good saws that are under appreciated around here.

They are under appreciated... They are heavy until they have a 039/390 top end but they are very dependable after a muff mod, pulling the red snake eyes of death out of the carb, and readjusting carb settings.

I just rebuilt 2x of them not that long ago and have 3 more on the floor. I am down to 45-55mins/rebuild on these and well into the 200's on # I've rebuilt.

Yeah, I have three of them apart right now..I don't know why so many scuffed pistons when there's no apparent air leak. Must have been straight gassed.
Air leaks are rare unless it's a fuel line... The big triple lip rubber seals have a hard time going bad. Usually it's someone using cheap non-synthetic oil and letting it idle for 5-10mins while they move wood or load the truck. When the "L" is set to 1/4 turn out like OEM the run into a lean condition at idle making them get hot, choked muffler makes them hotter, and lower RPM means lower air flow to cool cylinder. It's the perfect trifecta to overheat and torch a cylinder.

Spent 15 mins mounting this up to the big angle iron last night. Anyone know what it is???

Mastermind gets banned from this quiz...

6a8a4543ad5b2bf657a2d560ae9f0b7c.jpg

e33d16dafa3d2109d9275405adfc0d4c.jpg

Back