Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brass fitting in the sparkplug hole with hose fitting on the other end attached to about a continuous 10psi. Block off exhaust and intake with rubber gasket flange and spray everywhere u r checking with soapy solution and if that doesn't find it submerge the saw underwater
Set the points on.3 to .35 and she'll be a sweet runner. Just did the same recently. Had no spark, got the bits to retro fit a condenser and it didn't need it [emoji13]

Working on a solo 667 tonite then back to the 031's tomorrow and then a 084. Too many saws; not enough time [emoji37][emoji12][emoji16]

I've got a problem with my 031, can't get it to start. It has about 140 compression and it looks like plenty of spark. Put a small amount of fuel mix in the plug hole and it wouldn't hit. I checked the spark again and it was working. I may try a different plug..

I've got a problem with my 031, can't get it to start. It has about 140 compression and it looks like plenty of spark. Put a small amount of fuel mix in the plug hole and it wouldn't hit. I checked the spark again and it was working. I may try a different plug..
Also check keystock on flywheel

Yeah, it's a possibility but I checked it when I put the flywheel on after cleaning the points. But it does seem like it's in the ignition.
Ya a bad plug or ignition can drive me crazy!! Lol! Trying a plug or extra coil sometimes easiest right out of the gate! Good luck

Yeah, it's a possibility but I checked it when I put the flywheel on after cleaning the points. But it does seem like it's in the ignition.
Is the plug tight on the coil in the boot? Lead could be dodgy too. Flick the on off switch. To make sure only have spark when on position.
Try more fuel. Points set to .35mm? They are very fussy on points gap. HTH.

Started to repaint the whole woodstove, my dad tried to do it but it was one big mess. The panels had big colordifferences etc. Looks better now imo.
e30c5dcde59b9793147452ce27bf48d0.jpg

On the photo it doesn't look so good but in real it does :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Is the plug tight on the coil in the boot? Lead could be dodgy too. Flick the on off switch. To make sure only have spark when on position.
Try more fuel. Points set to .35mm? They are very fussy on points gap. HTH.
The lead isn't the best and neither is the spark plug boot, it has a crack in it, I may have an extra somewhere. The switch is okay, tried it as well as another plug which didn't work either. I may go in when I get more time and set the points (again), they're probably a little off. If it still doesn't work I have one of those wima capacitors I can try. I got this saw non-running so I may have to look at some part numbers to make sure it has the right flywheel, etc.

Back