Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My antique general motors shop fridge made a fireworks show last night and i had to move it near the bench to heavy to pick it up, Power cord was frayed and ugly and the compressor start cap wires were ugly so i installed some heat shrink tubing on the compressor wires and replaced the power cord. Now i got cold drinks again i only wished it looked at good as it runs.
View attachment 451356
Spray Bomb it and cover it with stickers. [emoji4]

Thanks, Brian

Yep. I've rebuilt a bunch of automatic transmissions. They are far easier to me than many manual transmissions.
Excellent I can use some info. Do you know if I can up grade the overdrive direct clutch with additional clutch plates if I buy the correct drum? The additional clutches was in the kit and I am replacing the drum because it has been hot. I think the only difference is the placement of the snap ring in the drum? It is a A500 or RE42.

I've done more TH350s, TH400s, Torqflight 727s, and C4 C6 trannys than any others. In some snap ring placement allowed upgrading the clutch packs, in others, the outer steel plates were different. Find a shop manual for the transmission you are building.

I have a manual.$30! It illustrates the location of the snap ring and number of clutches. However, I don't know if there is something I am not seeing. I need a coach with experience. I have one TH400 and one 4r75e= AODE on my resume.

Just see if there are two snap ring locations.......and check clearance after stacking clutches and steels.

6248ef8488455dfd841208263ae5590d.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have one of these on the bench and 8 or 9 on the floor. Buddy has a tree service and has a bunch of non runners. Ill see how many I can get back in service! Might even get to keep one!
96dc2c8a219cd954fd72431584ae9bd1.jpg
:rock: I love those little things. No funky beer on your bench?

Here's what's on mine...complete with miller lite:)
image.jpg

No. One size down chief. But I do have one of those 044 jobbers I'll be workin on next...keepin my eye out for an 046 cylinder for it:rock:

Latest posts

Back