Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe there is software out for building pipes, but there are a lot of them and still would like to talk to someone that has built a few pipes for chainsaws
I seen one site in the past askes for bore stroke carb dimensions what rpm range your looking to make power at. Reed port or piston port and it would give a printed layout for it. I have never used it heard good and bad about if i find the site il post it

Wow court related crap sucks. Trying to get my girls back through chips proceedings. Cause there mom was busted with meth and stuff. Hope the meeting we had today sinks into my ex and lets me have full custody of the kids without charging her child support. Cause if she dont i will get them through family court and make her pay that ****. Sucks living in mommasota and being a good dad

Wow Pantelis you don't happen to work on many Stihls do you?:surprised3:
Here's one for ya Stihl Contra Lighting. I just finished it today.I filed the points, cleaned the carb and had the handle tigged.
:rock::rock::rock:

Dont let the classics rot keep em alive and well. Nice going looks good cuts great

Here's one for ya Stihl Contra Lighting. I just finished it today.I filed the points, cleaned the carb and had the handle tigged.

That will wax the homelite super wiz. I think. But i only run it on big wood that buries the bar

In between beers (mechanic's fuel), I very, very lightly ported the Shindaiwa 577 jug - this will be for a firewood getter. I widened the intake and exhaust just a tad, and lowered the intake, raised the exhaust, just a little bit, and then smoothed out the casting in the ports. I did not mess with the transfer ports at all.

PUI - Porting Under the Influence

Best I could do with the pics with the poor lighting in my two stroke dungeon....

IMG_20150318_172005-L.jpg

IMG_20150318_171945-L.jpg

Very nice!!

Also very nice!!

I believe there is software out for building pipes, but there are a lot of them and still would like to talk to someone that has built a few pipes for chainsaws
You can design a pipe for...say a woods ported engine it will help it a lot ...but you can get more hp with more aggressive port timings. I design ed a pipe for my "work 084" and built it it runs very well.i then design ed a new pipe for my nitro 088 with race porting and it works extremely well...but to my surprise the two pipes were close on dementions even though the race pipe was a lot higher rpm...it is because of the port timing and the speed of the exhaust

very nice saw

Back