Bailey's has had a data/security breach. Update!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This explains a lot for me. I had a $400 charge to my visa on walmart.com (US site). That worked out to $577 dollars canadian (nice exchange rate eh?). Anyways, as always Visa was awesome about it and I got my money back. They also tried to purchase something from Itunes, but with the card number already linked to my account that wouldnt work.

That being said, nothing against Bailey's. This kinda stuff happens all the time.

We order through Woodland, guess it was ok? Haven't received an email or letter.

I changed my password and had my card canceled even though I ordered before they say the window opened. You can't be too careful.

Like my brother says, there is no internet security. Just loopholes not yet exploited.

Why would anybody buy from those crooks anyways?
They are 25-30% over priced in my opinion.

Compared to who? They are normally within a few dollars of other vendors.

They also offer USPS shipping which is a huge savings over UPS or FedEx for us.

lets not turn this into a flame thread
Just stating facts is all.
especially as a canadian
Im sure your right there.
Compared to who? They are normally within a few dollars of other vendors.

They also offer USPS shipping which is a huge savings over UPS or FedEx for us.
Several other vendors. Especially there bars, chains and aftermarket parts. There OEM parts they are closer to reality. Shop around. A few are site sponsors.
As far as im concerned there shipping prices are astronomical. Over half of the saw parts I buy are free shipping.

Read my post #5 in this thread, its a prime example. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/a-m-mufflers.292695/#post-5735295

Interesting news--I've recently purchased a few items from them and just today got a called about $700 worth of fraudulent charges.

J
Several other vendors. Especially there bars, chains and aftermarket parts. There OEM parts they are closer to reality. Shop around. A few are site sponsors.
As far as im concerned there shipping prices are astronomical. Over half of the saw parts I buy are free shipping.

Read my post #5 in this thread, its a prime example. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/a-m-mufflers.292695/#post-5735295

Yeah, there's vendors cheaper than Bailey's, but something you're not thinking about:

Bailey's was the first kid on the block with a lot of the 'aftermarket' saw parts. In fact, I sent powerheads to Nik Bailey back in 2004 when he and his staff were developing the original big bore kits.
Because of the long-time relationships with their suppliers, they end up with better QC on many of their offerings.

Yeah, they've gotten big, and they've fumbled orders, but I've had far more orders bungled by "the other guys." Of course, thanks to this data breach I am now in the process of getting a new credit card.

Bailey's was the first kid on the block with a lot of the 'aftermarket' saw parts. In fact, I sent powerheads to Nik Bailey back in 2004 when he and his staff were developing the original big bore kits.
Because of the long-time relationships with their suppliers, they end up with better QC on many of their offerings.
Kudo's to you, them and everyone involved. I was unaware of the better QC being better in there kits.
What I was basically referring to is the muffler example I was talking about earlier being almost double the price of some of there competition.

Another example is there chain. Left Coast Supplies (Gregg, that used to work at Baileys as you know) sell Oregon 72LGX for $.22 a driver while Baileys is any where from $.28-30 a driver for the same chain. LCS also sells guide bars for a songs and a dance, both Oregon and GB. Baileys on the other hand has some of the highest prices on there Oregon bars.

I guess my thinking is that since Baileys turns some much volume (I'm sure they buy most things cheaper than there competitors) there prices should show that and be right there with the other guys.

I registered all my credit cards on-line so that I have instant access to my accounts.

Same goes for my bank's checking / savings accounts. I check my activity pretty much on a daily basis, and my credit cards at least once a week, if not more.

I have credit cards alerts established so that I'm notified for any purchase over $50.00. Anytime I travel, I notify my credit card company so that they know what's going on.

A little vigilance (okay, a lot) goes a long ways to ward off fraud. ;)

You can't be too careful.
1ce2.jpg

I think the "window" is more than they thought; I didn't buy anything in the time frame mentioned, but did buy stuff last year.
I got notified last Sunday by my banks fraud division, during the blizzard, that $700 in "questionable" charges had been made - one to Target and another to a bit-coin company or something, from my MasterCard Debit Card. Card cancelled... a real PIA!

That would explain the fraudulent charges I had last week. One of which was also to iTunes.

I've always been happy with the service and most of the prices at Baileys and wouldn't hold this against them. Seems like these types of things happen to everyone these days.

Keeping a credit card with a small limit to use for on line or over the phone purchases is often recommended because if your info gets swiped, they can't do much damage.

I hate the thieving SOB's that do these things!!

Well; now I'm closer to knowing what happened in late Dec 2015, when I got hit with all those fraudulent charges after making a purchase through Bailey's. I'm 72 yrs young, and got hit with a 'Dating Service' charge ; Duh ! Two computer stores in Florida, a Grocery charge, and a couple of others I can't recall.

Back