baileys online and logrite's.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazyguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a 60" Logrite cant hook for $100.48 at baileys. That's including shipping.
That's a great price. Was actualy planning on ordering a 48" one but the larger one's are on a great sale.

For the same Price I'd rather have the larger ONE:)

I don't know if we are allowed to post sales on here or not.

Sorry in advance, if I'm not allowed to, and I won't do it again if I get my hand smacked.

Bailey's sent out an email with shipping at .49

The code is: 49CENT1

Happy shopping.
Dave

Came in mail today

Mine arrived in the mail today. Been thinking about getting one after cutting the other day and then saw them on sale at Bailey's.

Now I have to go out and do some cuttingView attachment 276256

They were already out of stock when I ordered mine.

I saw the sale, but didn't have time to order, before work.

I'm sure it will take a while to get here, but I don't mind waiting for it.

impressed

This thing is pretty robust! I was not expecting the handle to be this diameter and had concerns of bending it etc... Don't think it could be bent during normal use. :rock:

Do you already have a Peavey?

Grampa showed me how to make a "log-jumper" to go with the peavey to lift logs up clear of the dirt = a "logrite"; start with some plumber's parts (reducing tee + close nipple + tee), then grind a notch for the hook-anchor; just strap it on (or use some baling wire) to the peavey and buck those logs. Save yer dollars for a cold beer.

Those Logrite cant hooks are robust. I got a 36" with my LM2000, and bought a 48" besides. The 36" is actually more useful on the bandmill.

That log jack is pretty ingenious. I bought one at Tractor supply with a steel handle and bent it the first time that I tried to use it, so it went back promptly!

I already have one and i'm probably the only guy in the universe that doesn't like them!

They have FAT handles, and i like my old wooden handled canhook, that has the handle slimmed down a bit where you grab it! It's just as long and plenty stromg too...

SR

Grampa showed me how to make a "log-jumper" to go with the peavey to lift logs up clear of the dirt = a "logrite"; start with some plumber's parts (reducing tee + close nipple + tee), then grind a notch for the hook-anchor; just strap it on (or use some baling wire) to the peavey and buck those logs. Save yer dollars for a cold beer.

That is the sweetest idea for a log jack that i've seen yet. I have been wanting a logrite cant hook with one of their log jack attachments for a while, but I already have a peavey. Thanks!

I have a 60" Peavy & the 78" Megahook Cant hook. The megahook gets used when rolling 26' logs on the mill & the 60 for "normal" logs & in the woods. I have a wooden handled Peavy but it doesn't get used anymore since I got the Logrite's. The thing never 'bit" good anyway and many of times put me on my arse....never happens with the Logrite's.

Last edited:
The thing never 'bit" good anyway and many of times put me on my arse....never happens with the Logrite's.

This is the exact reply I was lookin' for on these! I have also been using a long handle peavey for firewood use and it has never really worked like i've wanted it to. So, for 12' to say 20' logs for firewood, and milling, what size logrite would you recommend and would you get a peavey or the cant hook? TIA

I like Cant hooks for the mill, but Peavy's out in the woods. Either one will work fine but I can stab the Peavy into the ground and it stays put while I'm doing something else. A Cant has to be leaned against something which is not a problem on the mill. Sizewise I have found that a 60" is a little large for humping through the woods but there is not a firewood log I can't turn within reason by myself. I'm 6'4 so tall tools are a bonus for me but I think a 48" would be the perfect firewood log turner:D

Oh and shop around for prices. Call Logrite and see if they have any "blems" for a discount. Call Woodmizer(there's are orange(Tim Allen "grunt") and Baileys. Do not buy one off fleabay...there have been some on there that are chinese knockoffs and guys have bent them. One guy didn't even know it was a knock off until Logrite informed him and neither did the seller. So buy from a reputable place...........

Latest posts

Back