Bandit 2550, Carlton 4012, Rayco RG 45.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vermeer is the only company that seems to understand that chip containment is important...however; that being said why develope a self propelled stumper grinder line that involves the 2 most expensive ways of transmitting power to the working end? Follow that up with "oopsey! Out of motors and no new designs ready!" Good work from the original stump cutter maker. Too many irons in the fire if you ask me.
That's the best thing that can be said for a pull behind. Very little down time. Almost nothing to break. I never did anything to my 502 but a clutch and a fuel pump. Hydraulic drive brings a whole world of new problems. But I don't think I could ever leave to versatility and go back to a pull behind.

I like it quite a bit...in terms of overall productivity on jobs where the stumps aren't 5 or 6 feet in diameter i thinks its just as fast as the 1102...once you add up the quicker cleanup, the fact that you can snake it in anywhere, can grind while the tractor is busy moving wood, ect. There are 4 things i think could be better, but overall i'm happy.

I like it quite a bit...in terms of overall productivity on jobs where the stumps aren't 5 or 6 feet in diameter i thinks its just as fast as the 1102...once you add up the quicker cleanup, the fact that you can snake it in anywhere, can grind while the tractor is busy moving wood, ect. There are 4 things i think could be better, but overall i'm happy.
Did you get remote with it?

Latest posts

Back