Bar and chain oil prices?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I thought the oil prices per barrel is down?

Are the prices going up or what on b&c oil? I stocked up on husky pre mix now I want to stock up on bar and chain oil. Who has the cheapest prices?

It’s almost cheaper to run new motor oil maybe add STP to make it tacky.lol

I worked at a tractor dealership for quite a while and kept clean used hydraulic oil for b&c oil, works good in the winter just turned up the oiler but too thin for use in summer

In the old days ( yeah, I’m old enough to have been around then) I was told that bar oil was low grade stuff so just use whatever is handy. I never ran drained crankcase oil, but I did use cheap motor oil or any old quart or gallon that was on the shop shelf. Never had any apparent problems with that approach. In more recent times in my life as pennies and nickels got muc easier to come by I started buying bar and chain oil. Haven’t really seen any difference but it makes me feel more confident about it.

My &0.02,

Could be the same reason lots of prices on goods are going up lately because the manufacturing facilities were down for a period of time for covid related closings. Which means until they can ramp up production and fill the void, prices will go up.

Supply is down, demand is the same = prices go up.

I thought the oil prices per barrel is down?

Are the prices going up or what on b&c oil? I stocked up on husky pre mix now I want to stock up on bar and chain oil. Who has the cheapest prices?

It’s almost cheaper to run new motor oil maybe add STP to make it tacky.lol
TSC $5 GAL.

Even with shipping the RK oil is a deal. I ordered six gallons. If I was still in business I go for 55 gallon drums. A 55 gallon drum of bar oil is around $300. More if shipped.

Latest posts

Back