bar and chain oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopperfreak2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i might get my butt jumped for this thread but i found two cheap oils and wanted to see what you guys thought of them.
the first is itasca (may be improper spelling) brand b&c oil for $8 a gallon i found at autozone browsing for other stuff.
and the other is tractor supply co. brand bar & chain oil for $6 a gallon.
the stuff kinda seems too cheap to be any good but if you guys use any of this stuff it will probably sway my opinion. as always thanks for your input!

yeah for $6 a gallon i picked one up to try. it didn't seem to be as thick as stihl b&c oil so i wanted to ask. i'm glad to hear you guys like it, thanks very much!!

i might get my butt jumped for this thread but i found two cheap oils and wanted to see what you guys thought of them.
the first is itasca (may be improper spelling) brand b&c oil for $8 a gallon i found at autozone browsing for other stuff.
and the other is tractor supply co. brand bar & chain oil for $6 a gallon.
the stuff kinda seems too cheap to be any good but if you guys use any of this stuff it will probably sway my opinion. as always thanks for your input!

chopper hope you dont mind me bragging on a product i will be selling soon

this is a little description of the item

Bar and chain oil engineered for maximum lubrication of chainsaw bars chains and internal chain lubrication systems 100% virgin oil recommended for all chainsaws contains anti wear additives high tac no sling formula reduces throw off and increases chain life

128oz bottle 3.79 Liter

Anyone used the Itasca?

I bought a gallon last year, then found an almost full gallon of Poulan
oil, using it up first, then picked up 2 gallons of TSC last week @ $6.
We have the green bottle Itasca in my area, but never heard any reviews.

chopper hope you dont mind me bragging on a product i will be selling soon

this is a little description of the item

Bar and chain oil engineered for maximum lubrication of chainsaw bars chains and internal chain lubrication systems 100% virgin oil recommended for all chainsaws contains anti wear additives high tac no sling formula reduces throw off and increases chain life

128oz bottle 3.79 Liter

hell no i don't mind! i welcome it brother. how much? you knew i was gonna ask:cheers:

NAPA B&C oil

While we are on this subject, how is this bar oil?
We have NAPA stores as thick as Stihl dealers and fleas on a dog
in my area with short driving distance.
I have mainly used Poulan bar oil, it is OK, but haven't seen any
lately for $6.

hell no i don't mind! i welcome it brother. how much? you knew i was gonna ask:cheers:

$ 8.50 a gallon and that does not change as long as the manufacture does not go up on price but there are two kinds there is the regualr and then there is the premium winter weight same price for both kinds

the 32 oz qts are $ 2.96 a qt but i only make about $ .050 cents or so per ct

just to add to that i know how people been trying to locate wireless tachs and multimeters and coil and condenser testers etc. that stuff will be on my site as well as repair manuels for numerous applications

Last edited:
Use that canola oil in a new saw for cutting up my hickory that will be used for smokin my ribs, brisket, shoulder and what ever else gets hit on the road by my house.

Dinner at 7, just heard brakes a squeelin, see whats fresh out there, pray for a good clean head shot and no busted up guts!!!!

R.O.N.

I bought a gallon last year, then found an almost full gallon of Poulan
oil, using it up first, then picked up 2 gallons of TSC last week @ $6.
We have the green bottle Itasca in my area, but never heard any reviews.

I've used it before a while back (I think an old gallon jug is still hiding in my garage somewhere) and had no issues. I remember it being thicker then the Husky and Stihl B&C oil.

$ 8.50 a gallon and that does not change as long as the manufacture does not go up on price but there are two kinds there is the regualr and then there is the premium winter weight same price for both kinds

the 32 oz qts are $ 2.96 a qt but i only make about $ .050 cents or so per ct

just to add to that i know how people been trying to locate wireless tachs and multimeters and coil and condenser testers etc. that stuff will be on my site as well as repair manuels for numerous applications

well i gotta say the prices sound good. now about the tach, you need to get one that refreshes every .5 seconds and is around $85. that tach would sell good i think.

I've been using the tsc stuff for a few years.Since they opened in my area.I was impressed with sticky to cost ratio and kept using it.Most of the store brands are rebadged name brands that don't make the viscosty tolerance from what I was told by a friends dad that was an oil rep.But that was over twenty years ago ,could bedifferent now.

Latest posts

Back