bar oil walmart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs111999

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
walmarts cheap Tech oil is now 12 bucks for 5 quarts. It used to be 7. But they have Poulan chain oil for 7 a gallon. But its Canadian and the gallon jug looks small somehow. fyi

They don't stock Super Tech bar oil up here, just the Pooland, which goes for $8/gallon.

I clean the shelf out when I'm there and they have it in stock. Last time I bought 45 or 50 gallons and I'm almost out. Go through 2-3 gallons a week. Now everytime I go, the spot is empty and they just have the Husqvarna stuff which is around $5 a qt.

I'll have to check at the local wally world next time I'm there. I'm familiar with it being $7 also. It seems similar to the green jug Poulan they also sell for the same price. I'll use it in the winter but I typically spend the $1.70 more for the black jug poulan 'pro' oil at the local farm supply store. Seems to be a good bit more sticky than the green jug.

I made the switch last month from Wally World bar oil to Poulan green jug. It is better oil with more tacifier in it IMHO. Now I need to find the PP oil and try that. Now have less bar and chain wear. The Poulan oil also carries the chain and chassis better in the cut with less drag.

Does anyone use John Deer bar oil?
TSC is also on my list to be tested.

Super Tech bar oil is nothing more than 30W oil. It has virtually no tacifiers in it. I gave away the couple gallons that I bought to try. TSC oil its far better.
What Brad said. I've used the Super Tech b&c oil and it's terrible, buy the Poulan, it's decent and actually has tackifier in it.

Super Tech bar oil is nothing more than 30W oil. It has virtually no tacifiers in it. I gave away the couple gallons that I bought to try. TSC oil its far better.

+100!

.. and it goes on sale every February.

Made by Spectrum ... check the shape of the bottle .... is rebranded for various other stores as well.

I made the switch last month from Wally World bar oil to Poulan green jug. It is better oil with more tacifier in it IMHO. Now I need to find the PP oil and try that. Now have less bar and chain wear. The Poulan oil also carries the chain and chassis better in the cut with less drag.

Does anyone use John Deer bar oil?
TSC is also on my list to be tested.

I have used a gallon of john deere oil. It wasn't any better than the other regular brands. It seemed real similar to the TSC stuff.

Why spend big bucks when the cheaper stuff works just fine? Bar, chain, and drive sprocket runs about $100 on the processor, and even less on a saw, not the end of the world to replace.

This may start some grumbling but why run cheap oil in expensive equipment? I feel that you get what you pay for.

I haven't been able to find any place local that sells bar oil in drums. Not enough demand for it around here I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back