bar protection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivahrat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anybody have any recommendations for bar / chain protection. like the sleeve the saws comes with. however i would like one that i can change from bar to bar.

If you dont really care about appearance,Ive found that a piece of 2 1/2 or 3'' jacketed fire hose does the trick.It can be cut to length and has rubber lining that will not harm cutters.It can come in 50' lengths and you can give away bar guards to all your friends for christmas!

thanks. i like the idea of the hose. and i hate those things by stihl. what a chunk of schmitt that is. i have them on my stihl saws but i would not buy one ever!

Been using fire hose for years. As mentioned, just make sure it has the rubber lining. The hose without the rubber catches horribly on the chain.

I used a piece of doubled over cardboard. Maybe I could make them and sell them on ebay. I'll be rich!

if u do use a scabbard. drill u a hole in next to the back and put a snap on a little wire ,etc. this keeps it on the bar covered an just unsnaps to remove.

Back