Begleytree did you-?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
-Have fun today. Sure wish we had more time between hunting to get more time on the saws and had my log stand with some tie downs. :D
Maybe another day and more time. Had fun.

Pics. :hmm3grin2orange: We were both rushed as it was, we were both heading to tree stands afterward. Just wasnt enough time on the saws and pics wasnt even thought of during all our BS'ing. I even had a camera. :biggrinbounce2: But it was real nice meeting another good person from the site.

I can say this and Begley will back it up. A stock year 1983 Partner 5000+ is equal to a Dolmar 5100S in the cut and speed of cut. Couldnt tell them apart, even used my 16" bar and 3/8 full chisel 7T on both in hardwood.

ttiwwop.gif

Sorry steve, but we wanted to run the saws and didnt have time for smiles.:D Maybe next time you could tag along and grab the close ups.

Yup, had fun. enjoyed running your saws, especially the 660!
I promptly got my 5100S out, and didn't check the gas,ran out, then filled, and promptly flooded it. checked the carb screws while there, loose by 2 turns each. got her started and she ran great. then Kevin promply floods his 357 which cut great BTW.
between running saws, talking, and going to lunch, we were short on time since planning to hit the woods, and he had a 20 min drive back to his parents house, not counting cleaning up and getting onstand.
didn't get around to pics. sorry. but had a good time. Enjoyed talking with you, Kevin. hope to meet up again and maybe with others and spend more time on the woodpile.
-Ralph

begleytree said:
I promptly got my 5100S out, and didn't check the gas,ran out, then filled, and promptly flooded it. checked the carb screws while there, loose by 2 turns each. got her started and she ran great. then Kevin promply floods his 357 which cut great BTW.
between running saws, talking, and going to lunch, we were short on time since planning to hit the woods, and he had a 20 min drive back to his parents house, not counting cleaning up and getting onstand.
didn't get around to pics. sorry. but had a good time. Enjoyed talking with you, Kevin. hope to meet up again and maybe with others and spend more time on the woodpile.
-Ralph

Hows the 660 holding up Ralph?

Sling'r, that 660 I got from you is awesome! great runner. somehow ended up running lean on me even though I had the dealer tach it while I held it so I could see what he set it at. pulled it open and put 1 ring I had laying around in it while the wife was hosting some pampered chef hen party for something to do. runs good, but the exh side is scored enough to need a jug and piston. I got a lot of time out of it before that happened though. I'm up in the air about rebuilding it with an aftermarket set or waiting upwards of 6 months for baileys to get the big bore 066 kits in.
Very happy with it! edit:replaced the top ring, left the bottom in as is
-Ralph

begleytree said:
-Ralph

Hey Ralph sounds like you and Cut hooked up for alittle saw fun, cool beans. Its neat to meet others from this site. I've had Hoss come in and BlueridgeMark, both from this site. I had another guy that came in and said he reads the site now and then but doesn't post. He told me I was abit on the crazy side, can you beleive that,LOL. I fixed him though, took 600.00 out of his pocket before he left,lolol. Its really neat to meet these people behind the words on the screen.......

Tree Sling'r said:
Thats good to know. I ran the piss out of that saw too, well 7 months or so.

well, things happen to saws when other ppl run them on the job when you're not around too. you know that I'm sure!
I got over a year of hard cutting out of it, I need to buy tach and keep up on them closer.
-Ralph

Well begley glad you enjoyed running the saws too.
I am getting ready to go cut me a popular into 6 foot sections for my log stand up north,pratice cutting cookies for fun and its nice having my own hills to select from for such purposes.
No shots fires, but had a doe at 10 yards in the sights, but still waiting.
Starting to wish I took that shot on that shooter buck at 40Y in the brush opening day. Hindsight. :buttkick:

Back