Bengal wasp spray

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logrunner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How many times have you sprayed a wasp nest and they just fly away? My cousins own a lumber co. and said to try this, wow. Wasp's don't stand a chance and the wood borer bees go down if you get them with a good shot. I have never found anything to take down a wood borer other than a tennis racket. The only problem is the $6 for 16 oz. can. It is not available in many places but if you ever try I guarantee you will be pleased.

Brake cleaner is like duck hunting only warmer. You hit one in the air they go down now! Some of the new BC, the non-chloronated stuff does not work.

dish soap and some water in a sprayer of choice (SUPERSOAKER FTW!) works fine and is much cheaper than anything else I have tried. Not nasty to be around, little residual odor. I know if I sprayed the carpenter bees and wasp nests here with diesel and made this woodcabin stink of it, well, just wouldn't be a good idea...

Dish Soap

Zogger will dish soap like Dawn work ? Will it keep the wasps down after they are hit ?

Nosmo

dish soap and some water in a sprayer of choice (SUPERSOAKER FTW!) works fine and is much cheaper than anything else I have tried. Not nasty to be around, little residual odor. I know if I sprayed the carpenter bees and wasp nests here with diesel and made this woodcabin stink of it, well, just wouldn't be a good idea...

Good idea ...& won't stain your siding as I have seen petroleum based products do

Ive watched the wings dissolve after being hit by brakleen ,with a direct hit ,they fold up and are dead before they hit the ground ,,and it drys quickly with no smell ,,,extension nozzle gives a little more range and accuracy:cheers:

BC x 10 dead before they hit ground "freeze frame" plus a lot cheaper. Just try it you'll see for yourself then buy when on sale keep several can's on hand.

Whitepine2

Ether is another equal to brake cleaner, also. Love being able drop them in the air. No residue with ether, and cheap. Not to mention, it starts cranky diesels in the off season.:msp_biggrin: I don't like wasp spray due to price, it stains, and the fact that they are covered in it and they keep on coming at you.

Latest posts

Back