Best 24" Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need a 460.
All you really need for a 24" bar is a Dolmar/Makita 6400.
Don't worry about the 7900 kit, it won't be necessary.

I've used my 6400 as much with a 28" bar as I have with the 20" it came with.
I can link you up with some videos if you would like.

Mike

I have a Dolmar 6400 and love it!! I run a 20" b&c on it most of the time and have a 30" b&c also. But if were going to run a 24" or bigger most of the time i would put a 79cc kit on it no doubt. Which i will be doing shortly. The 6400 will handle a 24" fine but not the best by no means. Don't get me wrong i love my 6400 but any thing over a 24" and you'll have to wait on it.:msp_smile:

I have a Dolmar 6400 and love it!! I run a 20" b&c on it most of the time and have a 30" b&c also. But if were going to run a 24" or bigger most of the time i would put a 79cc kit on it no doubt. Which i will be doing shortly. The 6400 will handle a 24" fine but not the best by no means. Don't get me wrong i love my 6400 but any thing over a 24" and you'll have to wait on it.:msp_smile:

Didn't you see the video?:bang:

Mike

Didn't you see the video?:bang:

Mike

Yes sir I did and the 6400 does great! But a 7900 will do much better. I think it cuts fast which imho makes the saw feel lighter.
I'm not knocking your 6400, like i said i have one and run it regularly and after running a 7900 i cant help but put a 79cc kit on it!

I've worked my 660 for nearly 10 years and it's still my most reliable saw. Normally running a 25" bar with an 8 pin rim. The fuel tank leaks (if anyone has one...) as I dropped it down a 30ft bank.

It's like having a really hot girlfriend - with a bladder problem.

My gal had that same problem , some guys on the forums helped me fix it by welding the crack up with a soldering gun, I might get a new one, after they get broke then fixed its really never the same , 395 tank that is:msp_sneaky:

Cary

Back