Best 24" Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember... Being able to pull the bar, and being able to oil it adequately, are two different things...
:msp_sneaky:
Just sayin...
And stuff...

Looked like it was oiling it great.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Ok... Just checking... Many of the smaller saws weren't designed to oil a 24" plus bar... Heck, it's all some can do just to oil a 20"!!! Barely!!!

Im pretty sure she will handle a 28" too. Im gonna check very next chance I get. I just need to get some bigger wood. But if theres one thing about huskys that ive noticed, its that all of them oil the bar very,very well. Man, I wish ya could have saw the 3120 Mike had at my dads place. I forget what size bar it was but good grief, that was over board LOL........I can see how they have no problems oiling a 42" bar.

I'll see ya at Terry's ole bud. We'll have a showdown in Tennessee. :msp_wink: But I wonder if your's is stock? :msp_sneaky:

It is SO stock that all that has been done to it is blow the air filter off with compressed air a couple of times!
AND I have witnesses!
I thought about letting it breathe a bit better but it runs so well I'm not going to, JUST so I can say it is COMPLETELY stock.

Dolmar 6400 w/28" bar end cutting 40" maple - YouTube

Wigglesworth GTG #2 012 - YouTube

Mike

The thing about the 562xp, is that when ported will make crazy power man. Just ask Mitch (mweba) Mine is bone stock. No muff mod or anything, and i really like the power it has. I wanna get her broken in before I ever think about getting her ported. But its certainly something to look forward too.....

You fellas tryin' to mis-guide this fella ??

A JONSERED 2171 is the PERFECT saw for a 24" bar, and with the way it pulls a 28" bar i would think it will handle a 30" bar also.

JONSERED will give you many years of good service and :buttkick: the hell out of the pretenders !!

:popcorn:

I like Jonseys but I can't get them in my area anymore without driving two hours

If you get a chance, you should go to the Iowa gtg. There will be many saws there that are the size you are looking for. There is also a gtg in MO this coming weekend that would have many saws that have been mentioned.

Where do I find info on these meets?

Sweet! Just did an eBay search for dolimar and makita and turned up three saws. Wish I had money, I'ld go to war over the power head starting at $125.

041 Super

Ah heck... Just go get you a old Stihl 041 Super. The saw has 72cc's and has plenty of torque that will pull the 24" bar real good. Just sayin...:msp_tongue:

Ah heck... Just go get you a old Stihl 041 Super. The saw has 72cc's and has plenty of torque that will pull the 24" bar real good. Just sayin...:msp_tongue:

"Imma Diiiiiinosaur! Shoulda died out looooong time before!" :eek:D. That saw is giving me flashbacks to my dad's Stihl: cut for an hour, work on the saw for two.

Sorry gotta say, I really like my 272XP with a 24" GB bar running a 3/8 skip sq chisle, firewood go to saw:)

Cary

Back