Best 24" Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MacLaren

MacLaren

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok... Just checking... Many of the smaller saws weren't designed to oil a 24" plus bar... Heck, it's all some can do just to oil a 20"!!! Barely!!!

Im pretty sure she will handle a 28" too. Im gonna check very next chance I get. I just need to get some bigger wood. But if theres one thing about huskys that ive noticed, its that all of them oil the bar very,very well. Man, I wish ya could have saw the 3120 Mike had at my dads place. I forget what size bar it was but good grief, that was over board LOL........I can see how they have no problems oiling a 42" bar.

rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll see ya at Terry's ole bud. We'll have a showdown in Tennessee. :msp_wink: But I wonder if your's is stock? :msp_sneaky:

It is SO stock that all that has been done to it is blow the air filter off with compressed air a couple of times!
AND I have witnesses!
I thought about letting it breathe a bit better but it runs so well I'm not going to, JUST so I can say it is COMPLETELY stock.

Dolmar 6400 w/28" bar end cutting 40" maple - YouTube

Wigglesworth GTG #2 012 - YouTube

Mike

MacLaren

MacLaren

Addicted to ArboristSite
The thing about the 562xp, is that when ported will make crazy power man. Just ask Mitch (mweba) Mine is bone stock. No muff mod or anything, and i really like the power it has. I wanna get her broken in before I ever think about getting her ported. But its certainly something to look forward too.....

Incomplete

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
You fellas tryin' to mis-guide this fella ??

A JONSERED 2171 is the PERFECT saw for a 24" bar, and with the way it pulls a 28" bar i would think it will handle a 30" bar also.

JONSERED will give you many years of good service and :buttkick: the hell out of the pretenders !!

:popcorn:

I like Jonseys but I can't get them in my area anymore without driving two hours

oldmanriver

oldmanriver

ArboristSite Operative
041 Super

Ah heck... Just go get you a old Stihl 041 Super. The saw has 72cc's and has plenty of torque that will pull the 24" bar real good. Just sayin...:msp_tongue:

Incomplete

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
Ah heck... Just go get you a old Stihl 041 Super. The saw has 72cc's and has plenty of torque that will pull the 24" bar real good. Just sayin...:msp_tongue:

"Imma Diiiiiinosaur! Shoulda died out looooong time before!" :eek:D. That saw is giving me flashbacks to my dad's Stihl: cut for an hour, work on the saw for two.