Best 3 cubic inch lightweight saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo, the difference has little to do with chain changes, but with chip flow, and sprocket changes.......:biggrinbounce2:

Because the bar tends to slip down to the thinner parts of the bolts, if you don't hold the bar in place during initial tensioning.

Sounds like you may need to come up with a new technique.

1) Put the chain around the bar and sprocket. Make sure the bar is slid up over the bar stud collars.
2) While holding the bar put on the side/sprocket/clutch cover on.
3) Take bar nut #1 and hand tighten it on.
4) Take bar nut #2 and hand tighten it.
5) Adjust your chain to the desired tension
6) Torque down bar nuts.

If your stumbling over this, then i can see how you've had some issues servicing 025's. ;)

Somebody please tell me the trick to changing the chain on the husky with the outboard clutch. I don't see an easy way to do it. What am I missing?

Somebody please tell me the trick to changing the chain on the husky with the outboard clutch. I don't see an easy way to do it. What am I missing?

Just hold the bar on an outward angle when putting the chain on, and fit it on the the drive sprocket, then fit the chain on the tip of the bar ....;)

It may sound complicated, but it really isn't......

Caution, THREAD DERAILER!!!!

Ok, what works best for me, loosen the adjustment as much as you can. Work the chain onto the spur gear, MAKE SURE it is lined up in the groove on the sprocket!!! This has burned me several times! Place the bar over the studs, holding it at an angle (up) slide the bar back tight against the clutch/sprocket and place the chain over the tip of the bar. Lower the bar down and guide the chian on the bar as you pull the bar forward to lineup on the adjuster. Then tighten the adjuster to take some of the slack out of the chain, I like to put the cover on and tighten down the nuts, then loosten them and adjust the chain tension. If the bar DOES NOT sit tight against the oiler plate, it's usually an 1/8 inch gap and noticible, you need to start all over! I can put my 350 together day after day and never have a bit of problem. I can't put my 346 together three times without screwing up at least once, you tell me?

Caution, THREAD DERAILER!!!!

Ok, what works best for me, loosen the adjustment as much as you can. Work the chain onto the spur gear, MAKE SURE it is lined up in the groove on the sprocket!!! This has burned me several times! Place the bar over the studs, holding it at an angle (up) slide the bar back tight against the clutch/sprocket and place the chain over the tip of the bar. Lower the bar down and guide the chian on the bar as you pull the bar forward to lineup on the adjuster. Then tighten the adjuster to take some of the slack out of the chain, I like to put the cover on and tighten down the nuts, then loosten them and adjust the chain tension. If the bar DOES NOT sit tight against the oiler plate, it's usually an 1/8 inch gap and noticible, you need to start all over! I can put my 350 together day after day and never have a bit of problem. I can't put my 346 together three times without screwing up at least once, you tell me?

So far it has been good for me and my 2159 still getting used to it but it may become my favorite! I do the same thing for putting on a chain!

Back