Best 30 to 40 cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTM

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I really could use a wee wittle saw for some of the small crap I cut, cedars, crabapple, stuff with lots of small limbs. Chunking up trunks 8” to 10” in diameter. I’m thinking a 16” bar. Must be light, nimble, quick reving, and strong in the cut.

I have the Echo CS370. It’s a pretty good little saw that won’t wear you down. Still gonna drill the cat out of the muffler to open it up more, but I’ve already adjusted the carb from the factory settings after I first got it and it runs great. Just toss the stock chain or use for a backup and get a 91VXL on it. 36cc engine, 16” bar, and 5 year homeowner warranty for under $300 including tax.

L8R,
Matt

MS241 is nice (and expensive) but it's 43cc.

The Echo CS352 is a nice 34cc saw. I use mine for brush cutting, which for me is .5-6" with lots of 1-2".. If you're regularly cutting 8-10" I'd go with the MS241 or some other 40-50cc saw. It'll cut those faster.
I have saws that can cover anything bigger. What you described is mostly what I would be using it for. The 8-10” trunk would be only occasional. I was looking at the specs for the 352 and dry weight just under 9 lbs looks sweet. What chain works well with that stuff? Does anyone know if the 370 is a clamshell as well? Not that it matters. Just curious.

Latest posts

Back