Best 30 to 40 cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the 2149 is a mag case saw with Husky 350 top end but not completely sure.

The 346NE top end is a 50cc high perfomance piston and cylinder that is more or less a direct bolt on to the other saws in this family.

I have a Shindaiwa 352.It now appears to have merged with Echo.Light with elastico start. I will not buy a saw from the major two brands.This Echo should fit your requirements.Ken
I have the echo cs352. Great cutting little saw especially after a muffler mod and carb tune.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Well....

I got called into a meeting in the city this morning so I went to check out the ea3201 at the tool store.

I didn't buy it afterall.

Keep in mind I already have a PS420, which is a GREAT little saw.

The 3201 wasn't very much smaller at all in physical size than the 420 and it felt only slightly lighter. It's supposed to be about a pound. It felt like ounces to me.

I am looking for a significant difference.

Also, I didn't like the angle of the rear handle. It was too "flat" so my right wrist felt wrong and my hands felt slightly too close together. The 420 has beautiful ergos for me. The 5105 I got after the 420 has slightly different ergos, which surprised and disappointed me at the time. I have gotten used to the 5105, but it is not as natural for me as the 420. It has grown on me though and become quite comfortable.

I didn't want a tiny saw that I would have to "get used to", and that was not significantly smaller and lighter than what I already have, so I passed. I wasn't a jerk, as I had told the store manager that I just wanted to put the saw on hold until I could see it and I would decide then.

I wasn't thrilled with the tool less adjuster, but it seemed like it would work "okay". But why bother with adding complexity, weight and bulk for this feature? Kind of silly, I think. Overall the little saw appeared to be well put together.. all spring Av, adjustable metal oiler, durable feeling plastic, etc, so no problem there for a plastic saw.

The 3201 might fit someone else's needs perfectly.

Thanks for the help on this one guys, sorry for the bother.

I got my 3200 today. Cranked right up. Bogs a bit off the bottom and wants to die when you blip the throttle after a long cut. Manual says no need to adjust L/H, yea right. Didn’t notice any stops on the adjusters. I’ll check the tune this weekend. The Oregon chain that came with it needs some work. Hope I can get a Stihl chain maybe it will stay sharp longer. Saw runs good though and seems smooth. Needs a lighter touch compared to my larger saws or it will stall the clutch easily. I’ll get used to it. We’ll see if it fits the bill what I need it for. If I can get the bog worked out and the chain where I want it I’ll be happy.

I continually hear the 240 is garbage, but mine always runs fine. I use it for nothing more than cutting up campfire wood, cutting brush, and light limbing. Always starts easy and cuts good. I've never run it real hard or for very long periods of time, but for the light work I've used it for it has always performed flawlessly.

I continually hear the 240 is garbage, but mine always runs fine. I use it for nothing more than cutting up campfire wood, cutting brush, and light limbing. Always starts easy and cuts good. I've never run it real hard or for very long periods of time, but for the light work I've used it for it has always performed flawlessly.

I think a lot of that comes down to the owner(s). When i read about a few plastic cases melting on the clutch side that tells me they probably didn't have bar oil in it.

Can't say i haven't done that. At least i caught myself.

Ok, this probably doesn’t belong here, but I just made a deal on a 262xp that looks pretty good in a picture. Couldn’t help myself as I’ve been casually keeping my eyes open for one.

The tiny saw will have to wait...

I hope the 262 is a good one!

Best 30 to 40cc saw is a 60cc saw I guess.

Ha!

Oleo Mac 244F will run a range of 12/18 bars Lo pro chain baffle out the muffler adjustable oiler mostly Mag & best of all price I got a job lot of4 for €20 & made 3 good runners out of the 4 flipped 1 for €35 to date have cut 40 cubic metre s of firewood with a VAP 44F which is a badged job & was the cleanest of the bundle Im quite taken with these Freebie/near Freebie saws

Back