Best 30 to 40 cc saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just last friday a buddy bought a Husky 240 off the shelf for a small clean up job. We couldnt get that thing to run for **** to save our lives. He took it back within an hr and got a ms170. LOL!!!
My retired Jonsered dealer (now just does service on all brands) was telling me horror stories about those. Apparently the case melts if you run them too long...I would say 85 percent of the saws sold in my area are from the fleet supply store that sells Husky/formerly Johnny/Stihl but they bring stuff to the smaller shops for repair so these guys see it all.

Thanks guys! I am going to check one out seriously. In fact, I am on the phone putting a down payment hold on one right now!
I do not think you can go wrong with one of those. Their build quality is impeccable. The 32 and several other small models are built in their asian factory but I was unable to discern any quality difference from the German models.

My retired Jonsered dealer (now just does service on all brands) was telling me horror stories about those. Apparently the case melts if you run them too long...I would say 85 percent of the saws sold in my area are from the fleet supply store that sells Husky/formerly Johnny/Stihl but they bring stuff to the smaller shops for repair so these guys see it all.
Lol! Nailed it! He got it from Farm & Fleet.
Husky/Stihl/Echo dealer. They only will work on the Stihls though. If u buy one of the other 2 brands u just buy off the shelf. Stihl's theyll take um in back and run um and tune um before u walk out with it. They wont touch the others. Really crappy deal for people who dont wanna drop the big $$$ on a Stihl.

Awesome! I am looking for a tiny saw to carry around on the quad. By the time I get the quad loaded with other tools and things I don't have much room left, so the smaller and lighter the better...as long as it cuts.

The one I ordered has a 16" bar. I will probably be looking for a 14 or even a 12 for it. I'll use the 16 on my ps420.

My first "plastic" saw...or clamshell or whatever you call it will be in my hands sometime next week.

Thanks again!

Awesome! I am looking for a tiny saw to carry around on the quad. By the time I get the quad loaded with other tools and things I don't have much room left, so the smaller and lighter the better...as long as it cuts.

The one I ordered has a 16" bar. I will probably be looking for a 14 or even a 12 for it. I'll use the 16 on my ps420.

My first "plastic" saw...or clamshell or whatever you call it will be in my hands sometime next week.

Thanks again!
Congrats on the purchase!

Check around for deals...the A041 mount is very common and you can often get great clearance deals. I think LCS still has bar chain combo in 12" for this. I wish I knew what I know now, I would have bought out their supply of 14" bars when they were still in stock.

Mine pulled a 16" just fine in softwood. Was a lot of fun with 12" but there was a lot of stuff that needed more than that on bar length where I was using it.

I wanted the ps 32 and all set to purchase online when something told me to call. They only had the makita w/ tool less tensioner and I just can’t do that. So pissed.
I have had a couple of those saws and didn't mind it at all FWIW. I found the Makita tool-less assembly works smoother than the one from Stihl

Latest posts

Back