Best 45-50cc saw w/ 18-20inch bar capability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come no one has even spoken of the 5100??? Dealer support is pretty good in NY in general. 5100 is a GREAT little saw for what the dude is going to use it for. It'll pull a 20" better than the 260 and the other huskies... You best try one before you go and just get one of them others...

:popcorn:

Could it be that this is a three year old thread?:)

:cheers: here is to the reincarnation of three year old threads. Ahhhhh 2005 was a good year.

Of the choices you listed, best "bang per buck" is easily the husky 350.

Of the choices you listed, best "bang per buck" is easily the husky 350.

i just picked up a redmax 5000 with a 20". it does mighty fine considering.

i would not even think about a 20" on a 350, 18" is too much.

With a little muffler work you'd be surprised how well a 350 will do. If it were me I'd spend a little more and get a 346, then a 372...:greenchainsaw:

Depends on what your cutting. I know out west in washington, idaho, etc. a 20" bar on a 026/260 is common setup.

the only thing a 20" on a 50cc saw is good for is cuttin' taters!

OK even though this thread is 3 years old (you guys do know that right) you guys have driven me to respond........

My MS260 will pull an 18" bar just fine, I don't have a .325 20" to put on it anymore but it got the job done just fine with that one to, not fast mind you but pull's it just fine none the less. Perfectly capable of gett'n the trees in the stove. :clap:

i just picked up a redmax 5000 with a 20". it does mighty fine considering.

Considering what? I just bought a Redmax 4000, I haven't used it yet I hope it will be a good limbing saw and small enough to go trail clearing on my quad.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back