Help building my new chainsaw fleet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a few trees that are over 40 inches in diameter, but like you said I was going to get the 50 and 70 cc saws first because I planned on cutting down the bigger ones last and maybe seeing if I can sell the logs off of some of them. Most of what I have to work with is under 30 inches...but using that 290 farm boss...which I didnt give alot for used, 3 years ago...was more effort then it should have been. I see a 90 cc as a practical saw...now the 120 ccs those I dont have any use for.

Carefull now that sentence is grounds for lifetime ban around here:msp_sneaky:

Everybody can use 6 cube plus :D

Well I like my weight under 20 pounds...just my preference, I'm 5'8 and 140 pounds give or take. If I was gonna buy a big saw just to have one I'd get me an 090, I believe Chuck Norris had a special order 090T and used it as his climbing saw. :p

Well I like my weight under 20 pounds...just my preference, I'm 5'8 and 140 pounds give or take. If I was gonna buy a big saw just to have one I'd get me an 090, I believe Chuck Norris had a special order 090T and used it as his climbing saw. :p

I think every chain saw over 6 cubes is Chuck Norris approved:hmm3grin2orange:

I can't see you really having a need for a 90cc saw. Its tough to justify the price for the use it will get. If your pockets are that deep go for it but I would bet you my little saw, its an echo 330, you won't use it.

I can't see you really having a need for a 90cc saw. Its tough to justify the price for the use it will get. If your pockets are that deep go for it but I would bet you my little saw, its an echo 330, you won't use it.

ya for clearing and firewood cutting i wouldn't take my 660's or 880's we have them in duplicates for each crew and they are definitely not needed for felling trees and cutting up firewood way to heavy for all day running. when you can be running like a 372xp or 440 70cc will be plenty and then some.

we use the 880's and 660's for cutting up big trunks that we need to slab into pieces even then they don't see to much use you can get a lot with a 25 inch bar a 440 372 will pull that fine.

More considerations...Im gonna get the cs500p tomorrow...and I was thinking maybe if I got a 390xp it would take care of the need for a 70 and 90cc saw...it only weights 15.5 pounds. If I for some reason ever need to run bigger then a 28" bar...I'll just look for a used 880. Just a thought.

Back