Best aftermarket bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, it will be hard to find a bad bar. They are all pretty good now days since the Homelite, Disston and the like disappeared from the market.

I would look for other than the small angled oiling hole. As someone said, they are troublesome, but they appear on otherwise good quality bars.

Which bars have the small angled oiling hole? I have not had any problem with mine but it did seem the hole on mine was a bit too small. I think I have an oregon bar. Is that the smaller one. which bars have the larger holes?

Which bars have the small angled oiling hole? I have not had any problem with mine but it did seem the hole on mine was a bit too small. I think I have an oregon bar. Is that the smaller one. which bars have the larger holes?

I have a 18,25,36 Titanium bars and they all have the small angled hole,i have not probs with them.The 50'' has two large holes (large mount) one goes all the way ,one only to the bar groove.

You are replying to a cat that has not been active on here for over 2 years... :)

Gary

i do have a Q that don't need its own thread and would fit here....

any idea how much for a new stihl 16" .325 bar? 3005 mount

I have gorne away from Stihl to GB Titanium beause of price,quality and longer life,GBs are the go,depends if you can get them over there.

I know this ws a pretty old thread but if anybody likes the Aussie made GB bars get them while you still can, making sure they're old stock and still Australian made. They are/were one of the best bars going around... but... China is calling:monkey:
I'm not sure whats going on with GB USA though, I heard Stens bought them out?

best replacement bars

try calling Global Forestry Supply at 888-900-7292
excellent service and prices..or globalforestrysupply.com

I bought a couple of sugi bars from the guy on evilbay, and I am extremely impressed. The rails must be ultra true as the chain glides around the bar really nice.

I bought a couple of sugi bars from the guy on evilbay, and I am extremely impressed. The rails must be ultra true as the chain glides around the bar really nice.

I've been looking at a 28" Sugihara bar for my 660. If it's 29% lighter than a standard bar, then if I'm thinking it will weigh roughly the same as a 20" ES bar. Can that be right?

I've been looking at a 28" Sugihara bar for my 660. If it's 29% lighter than a standard bar, then if I'm thinking it will weigh roughly the same as a 20" ES bar. Can that be right?

I think you'll like it a lot. The weight should be pretty close to a solid 20" bar. My 32" seems about the same weight as a GB ti 24", but of course on the saw the balance makes for a heavier feeling.

The Sugi bars are impressive to say the least just to examine. Once on the saw they feel great.

I would look at

Cannon
Windsor Speed tip
GBBar.

I think Stihl bars are made by Windsor/Oregon . At least that is what the distributors tell us.

Baileys had a big sale the other day.
Ask Jeff, he has deals all the time.
I have some 18 21 inch OEM Speed tips if interested.

Look at the nose of stihl "ROLLOMATIC ES Supers", they look just like GB's.
For the record, I am using the not so great stock oregon power match bars that came on my 372xp's and GB's.

Back