Best chainsaw for firewood ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 6100 pulls a 24" in hard wood great. I know a local guy that runs a 28" on a 6100 but I think 20-24 is a great all around setup. 20" bar cuts tons of firewood.

Hell if your are only cutting softwood, a 290 with a 20" bar will be fine... I am in central Indiana and I only put my saws in hardwood, and just bought a 461 a few weeks ago...my biggest saw was the 290 for a long time and has had her share of abuse..... I also have a ms250 for smaller stuff...... I would tell him to get a ms290- ms390....for soft wood they would last him forever if he takes care of them....and by the way tell him not to get on this site or her will own a 461 or 661 within a week LMAO!!!!!

6" wood to 24" wood . . . .

I prefer to score sides and bore cut on 24" or larger sticks using a 20" perfectly balanced bar on the 562xp, but I think the 562 can handle a 24" bar quite easily if you really want.

The 562XP handles & oils a 24in B&C 3/8 full comp just fine in the Ash, Red Oak, & Sugar Maple I've put mine in. With the Husky bar it is a bit nose heavy. With the Tsumura 24in. L&T, which is 1/4 lb. lighter, it balances beautifully. For the lightest saw which can handle the 24in. I can't think of a better choice, unless the Stihl MS362 new edition, which has been lightened significantly, has also had an improvement in performance.

Why daint you pipe the wildthing ? Woulda been more better
Glad I seen this haha frickin ha. I have a piped poulan. But I have been looking for a new exhaust for my echo cs 510. I can't spend 70 dollhairs on a tuna can.
Soooo if the wife has a good night at work we may order up a scooter pipe to fit to the saw. I'd think it's 20 more bucks well spentScreenshot_2016-03-17-16-04-22.png

Latest posts

Back