Best chainsaw for firewood ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I had an old 025 that thing was awsome ran that saw hard 12 years sold it in a moment of stupidity that little saw was great I still get to tune it once in awhile sold to my nabor I can't even guess how may cord the saw cut never had a kick of trouble out of it that's what got me on too stihl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ya I tell ya stihlcrazy I reach for the ol trusty 250 whenever I can, she light, nimble, and pretty damn tough too... Mine wears a 18 inch bar so it helps alittle not bender over to far considering I 6'..... I damn sure would recommend the ms250 to anyone who wants a good fire wood saw.... I tell ya the main thing people have to remember is maintenance, I always am blowing off my saws and airfilters. And sharpening the chain when needed.... Helps a lot in the long run!!!!

Ya that really makes a difference I really want to get my new stihl out see how she dose only put 2 tanks threw her but it's real snappy then I am working on a 661 cm project I do run into some good size pine.that should be a fun saw probably over kill for firewood I will be close to a truck when using that or the old 038mag that thing is a tank

What kind is your new saw.... Ya I am working on puttin a ms362 together when I get some spare time, whenever that may be....always wanted a 360 series saw.... I tell ya I have a new 461 and it is absolutely awesome!!!!

Nice I figured if and when my trusty 250 dies I may look at one of those,.... Let me know how she does for you!!!!!!

Mine pulls a 20" bar great I mostly cut red fir Tamarac pretty soft would would love to try in some hard stuff to really see how it holds up

You know since I luckily only cut hardwood most of the time, I sometimes forget how big of a difference there really is between hard and softwood.... I just finished a "scrounge" job at a guys house, and to be nice I cut a pine and another softwood tree down for him, and holy sh*t the saw just screamed threw it LOL!!!!
I bet your 261 would love to get into some hickory or oak, maybe even Osage!!

Ya I had an old worn 028av that cut up ow 180 cord of apple wood that is about the hardest wood we run into here in Washington

A buddy took out an apple orchard and said have at it and that was more the saw itself their was a lot of people helping out

Back