Best Chinese chainsaw, Farmertec Vs Neotec Vs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
k&n works fine on na engines at stopping dust and dirt, do not use them on forced induction engines...the vac to pressure pulse on na engines open and close the cotton gauze membrane trapping particulates in oil...forced induction lacks the pulse allowing debris through the expanded openings in the gauze. Any dirty filter traps more particulates but also restricts flow. Best chinese saw is probably the stihl ms170-ms180 assembled in usa ;) Met a guy that ran a 4 guy tree service that had a small mountain of blue saw carcasses. He justified buying them in the multi packs direct from china and would run them until they broke...about 4-6 months then he threw them in the pile and opened another one from his pallet vs buying stihl at a cost of 4 of the blue version. He said they were under powered vs stihl but the end cost justified the method because every so often he would fix one using two others and often purchased new stihl carbs and clutch drum kits for them to keep on hand. I asked about bottom end longevity and he said some just come apart from crank or bearing failure but often it is the plastic tank/handle that fails from leakage at the seams, vents or they just crack. Most tree service groups around here run one 362 around large equipment or ms 17-180s for groundies...our local stihl dealers falsely condemn "low compression" on used out of warranty equipment in for repairs to sell more new units.
Honestly, I'm surprised most tree crews aren't running Chinese clones. I'm sure they are not all this way, but the one's I've worked around are hard on equipment. If you're going to wear it out quick regardless of the brand, it makes sense to buy disposable. If he's buying them in 10 saw bulk orders, he's likely paying around $150 per saw. The Stihl/Husquvarna equivalent will cost 6x that. At that price, it's hard to justify spending any time working on them.

As far as being underpowered, that's a user issue IMHO. The Farmertec stuff is tuned a little sluggish when it arrives. If you're running a saw frequently, you need to be in the habit of tuning it from time to time. If your friend would open up a muffler for one and install it after the first few days, and re-tune it, most of his saws would run just as strong as their Stihl counterpart with the same muffler modifications.

I've been around a couple of MS180s. I don't are for them at all. I'd rather take the hit of an extra pound of weight and have an 026/MS260/MS261 or the Husquvarna equivalent. To me, the 170/180 series saws lend a lot of weight to the method of using 32" bars on 70cc saws for limbing.

I had a dealer pull the Low Compression crap with me a few years ago on my 036. Put a new spark plug in it and I'm still running it today. Compression is 150psi which is exactly what it was when I bought it used in 2010. It's been my primary felling and bucking saw ever since.

A few days in using the G466, half a dozen tanks through it now. I can see that when I get back to working on the Husqvarna 272xp, I'll have to do some figuring. The G466 should not be THAT much more powerful than the 272XP, but it is. Damn this saw pulls. The only issue so far, it that the Chinese chain stretch seems excessive. Chain keeps going slack. About every other tank I tighten it. Now I am cutting Beech firewood, and the chain seems quite aggressive. I even marked the bar to see if it was sliding back, it's not. I think I'm likely broken in enough now to put it on the edging mill and see how that goes in Hemlock. But, it's pouring today, and I'm retired, so F it! BTW, they seem to have responded to calls for a better bar oiler. This one uses the entire tank for every fill up.

My comment on Chinese scopes, and Russian ones for that matter. They seem like fine scopes, but I don't like their low light capability.

A few days in using the G466, half a dozen tanks through it now. I can see that when I get back to working on the Husqvarna 272xp, I'll have to do some figuring. The G466 should not be THAT much more powerful than the 272XP, but it is. Damn this saw pulls. The only issue so far, it that the Chinese chain stretch seems excessive. Chain keeps going slack. About every other tank I tighten it. Now I am cutting Beech firewood, and the chain seems quite aggressive. I even marked the bar to see if it was sliding back, it's not. I think I'm likely broken in enough now to put it on the edging mill and see how that goes in Hemlock. But, it's pouring today, and I'm retired, so F it! BTW, they seem to have responded to calls for a better bar oiler. This one uses the entire tank for every fill up.
I feel the same way about my G660. My 064 has an 066 top end on it, but the G660 pulls the same bar and chain a lot harder. I put a dual port Hyway muffler on the G660, removed the cage and re-tuned it so I understand why it runs this way. It's heavy enough that I don't enjoy running it for extended periods of time, but dropping it on a 24" oak log still puts a smile on my face. :)

I have run a Tanaka top handle w/ 14" bar for several years with absolutely stellar performance. It seems like we are always cutting something down due to woods thinning, clearing, wind damage, dead ash trees etc. That little Tanaka has been a very good all around saw and fits good in the ATV front basket or mom's golf cart bed.
Figuring that one top handle wasn't enough and always needing a "back up" - I looked pretty hard at the Echo CS-271T w/12" bar. Pretty hard to beat an Echo - but I was wrestling with spending close to $400 w/tax. I then shifted to the G111 Farmertec as an option, but they were somehow pricey and out of stock US shipping. I then stumbled on the Neo-Tech 12" bar top handle for $115 free shipping from Fleabay. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and put it right to work. Some fine tuning on the carb and it is running sweet for the smaller stuff and limbing. It's a little short on oil / gas capacity - but revs high and seems to have good power for a 25 cc saw? Time will tell on it - but so far so good.

The farmertech G372XP has been incredibly successful for me. I modified it with porting and big bores ,one with a pop up piston. Same is true for the G288 I did.
Basically I would never take a pristine 288xp and start grinding and modify a 1400.00$ original. The equivalent Chinese 290.00 saw ? Absolutely!
I've got lots of factory Husqvarna and stihl, but mostly stay oem on them the clones are a great platform for modifications without the risk of screwing up a rare original.
I think the 372 Farmertech is the best clone to play around with.

I also have a Farmertech G372XP that I got from Bluesaws. I'm running a Chinknesium 24" bar and chain. The only "mod" is a Walbro carb. It's been through a goodly number of dead ash trees and recently saw service in a 28" Poplar. We must have had a short micro burst come through here yesterday afternoon during one of our on and off rain events? We came out to find a 30' silver maple fork had stripped off the main tree and came down on our fire pit area. The 372XP Chusky to the rescue again - never missed a beat.

Dont run the G444 then compared to the G466. The G444 came with better stock porting and would out cut my G466 with 20-32" on both.
If I didnt have had both I would have never noticed the difference and been happy with the G466.

Now you port G466 then it wont matter.

I found a early 046 D cc to put on my G466. Now she runs like I expected one to.

Farmertec for the best selections of saws we loved. Other clones still playing catch up and very slow at it too.

g466g444.jpg
s046Dx.jpg

Why take a chance on the Chinese crap?
That's easy. They are 1/4 the cost of a Stihl product, they use some of the same Chinese parts that you get when you buy OEM, ALL parts are available at your local dealership, they are built on older designs that have proven them selves over the past few decades, and they are holding up just fine in milling applications which traditionally are very hard on saws which means they are more than durable enough for pretty much every other application, especially cutting firewood.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never even seen a used 70cc or 90cc Stihl for under $400 that was still in one piece, let alone in reasonable condition. On the 50cc and 60cc saws, the price difference is smaller, but they are still noticeably less than half the cost, even when you factor in the handful of parts that may need to be replaced with OEM from the get go. It doesn't make sense to spend the same or more money on a 20 to 30 year old saw instead of buying a clone. Even if the old saw has low hours (which will likely cost 2x more than a clone), the rubber is going to be dried out. Buying a used saw is going to cost more and have noticeably more risk involved.

Everyone one around here is selling their OE 372XP saws that look like they are pretty well used for $600 and up. Most go to the dealers - get the price of a new saw and hope to go half on a resell. You know the ads that all say something like totally rebuilt but rough cosmetic shape - no low ball offers, I know what I've got.....

Everyone one around here is selling their OE 372XP saws that look like they are pretty well used for $600 and up. Most go to the dealers - get the price of a new saw and hope to go half on a resell. You know the ads that all say something like totally rebuilt but rough cosmetic shape - no low ball offers, I know what I've got.....
You can buy brand new OE 372xp OEM saws shipped to your door for 900. 200 of that cost is the plane shipping over. Seller in the FS section here. Good dude.
Oh plus many others. ;)

I had one I took on trade only had 2 tanks on it and sold PHO shipped for 650 to guy I know in PA.

h3721666666.jpg
h372oeee.jpg

You can buy brand new OE 372xp OEM saws shipped to your door for 900. 200 of that cost is the plane shipping over. Seller in the FS section here. Good dude.
Oh plus many others. ;)

I had one I took on trade only had 2 tanks on it and sold PHO shipped for 650 to guy I know in PA.
For comparison, the 71cc G372XP is not currently on sale on the Farmertec website and is listed for $303 for one from current US stock with free shipping. If you want to buy them 10 at a time, you can get them down under $130.

For comparison, the 71cc G372XP is not currently on sale on the Farmertec website and is listed for $303 for one from current US stock with free shipping. If you want to buy them 10 at a time, you can get them down under $130.
I know all about it. ;)

You want the whole dealers list?

g372H372G444.jpgg372.jpgg372pin.jpg

Sweet! Across the board, how do you think they compare to OEM?

After going back and reading your earlier post on the G444 and G466, my guess is that the porting is less consistent from one batch to another compared to OEM. Some times it's just as good and sometimes it could stand some improvement. But that's also something I would expect if I'm paying 25% of OEM cost.

Sweet! Across the board, how do you think they compare to OEM?

After going back and reading your earlier post on the G444 and G466, my guess is that the porting is less consistent from one batch to another compared to OEM. Some times it's just as good and sometimes it could stand some improvement. But that's also something I would expect if I'm paying 25% of OEM cost.
The pro white one was closest to the oem one. For the cost of the pro would be the one to get with the better extra stuff. JMO

The blue ones I had got was when first come out and they were still lacking and hugh squish. I heard from local guy they have gotten better now too.

Info back when I compared. =
I just did the oem one here. Only on 2nd tank too. OE. .045 140psi
The white was .041 and others had with white .046 to compare. 2nd tank too 130psi.
Both plugs showing same pattern
Much better then the 110psi to 118psi I was seeing with the blue 372.

h37216psi.jpgh372oet.jpg

118psi, YIKES!!! That sounds like a good candidate for a new P&C with some porting work right off the bat. Did it get much better with age?
Those got traded away to a local that put new afm bb tops on and self ported. Still going as far as I know.

Got to remember this was few years ago.

G395 psi after a piston change. When they first came out the $4 piston was out of spec. Put a $21 piston in and checked psi is the higher of two shown. Lower psi is the out of spec $4 piston in first batch when released.

g395psidukesp.jpgg395psiftp.jpgg395pppp.jpg

I’ve been gettin return saws for dirt cheap. Most of those in the saw group pic last page were returns I bought and repaired. As simple as a flood saw to a catastrophic top and bottom end job.

I never bought any Holzformas or Farmertec as I assumed the Neotec and Farmmacs were better quality from some research. Can’t tell myself as I never compared the two.

Been through Mtanlos, Aumel, No Name, and Hyway tops. Mtanlos were nice. Hyways were the cleanest. I haven’t done any port work myself and I hear the Hyways chip good so be warned.

This Farmmac F380 with Taiwan parts had a Noker top. That top was a fairly messy lady. I’m still debating whether to leave it as a parts saw or not. This saw needed a clutch kit, chain tensioner, crankshaft, oil pump, and top end. Had about 90psi before I tore it apart. I also have a F380W that was pristine with 140 psi and runs like a beast. Love that saw.

2718DF51-2174-4444-BD8E-EEF3114F9E89.jpeg24489D04-08EF-4FA9-AADF-5F7FAD639990.jpegD6F8B4C3-D1EA-4A74-8675-7AC8D64F80FA.jpegB33BEC3D-3994-48A7-916D-BD2E05BD716F.jpegAD4F9A08-83B9-4073-9073-4A86C3B4C71A.jpeg1E4F8CED-7EE2-495D-92F5-80509DC0F030.jpeg03050DC6-398E-4B15-B1D2-8AF8D99B7EE0.jpeg82E58F72-5EE6-406F-A387-74ADF5F8FE06.jpeg0C69A7C8-B0B6-4679-A789-F6C95E4F8A4D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back