Best Chinese chainsaw, Farmertec Vs Neotec Vs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@xraydaniel Which plug would you recommend? NGK 6703? I did not grease the clutch bearing, but did everything else you mentioned. I installed the D handle and it does help starting...some. Looks like it may get in the way during some cutting operations though. Saw fired today on 2nd pull and needed a little more richness on low jet. I did another 5 min heat cycle and did the tip test with no problems, so this carb must be decent at least. Social obligations tonight but I hope to get it in some wood tomorrow!
I’ve simply been using NGK BPMR7A (6703)

The elasto starts are nice pulls imho. The D handle is good when using thicker antivibe gloves.

Still have mine from way way back.

Couldnt believe how accurate it was with open sites.

More work done with the China Farmertec G111 200T clone yesterday too.

View attachment 1101713View attachment 1101715
I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone cloned the 200T. I'm actually surprised that if it's stihl legal, that a) Stihl quit making it, or b) that someone else hasn't picked up the specs and produced it. Those things bring crazy money now, and for good, if not sufficient for me, reason. I have one I bought new on ebay for $500 ten or more years ago, and it's stihl almost like new, after replacing the carb. Does anyone know the regs on reproducing it? I always thought it was discontinued for smog compliance.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone cloned the 200T. I'm actually surprised that if it's stihl legal, that a) Stihl quit making it, or b) that someone else hasn't picked up the specs and produced it. Those things bring crazy money now, and for good, if not sufficient for me, reason. I have one I bought new on ebay for $500 ten or more years ago, and it's stihl almost like new, after replacing the carb. Does anyone know the regs on reproducing it? I always thought it was discontinued for smog compliance.
Last new on shelf I priced when they ended was way back and $589 for OEM 200T. Wish I hadnt had sold my used one back in the day.

I bought that clone G111 200T 5 years ago. They been out awhile now by Farmertec.

Only thing I done was pull the whole spark screen deal out. Runs just like the 200 did same way.

s200t.jpgg111.jpeg

Wow, this F380W runs great. It feels very old school, thirsty, heavy. But it starts at about any temperature which I can't say for my other German saws. Just need to ditch the mesh air cleaner and install some actual dogs.

BTW this is not a felling cut. The tree was pushed over with an excavator, I'm just bucking it.

IMG_20230813_125052195.jpg

I have to say that I am impressed with the little Neotech 25çc top handle chainsaw. We have been pruning trees the last 2 days and it hadn't missed a beat. Doesn't run too long with such a small gas tank - but for $115 - I'll get it over it.

That is is a Haulotte 42' lift from the local rental. What a piece of machinery.

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_221700_455.jpg
    IMG_20230903_221700_455.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230903_221748_066.jpg
    IMG_20230903_221748_066.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230903_221647_005.jpg
    IMG_20230903_221647_005.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 0
Or Indian (India) or Taiwanese or German or Japanese or any other industrialized country. My preference is of course domestic made or German or Japanese and Japanese is where 95% of the Echo (especially the Pro series are made). States that right on the label next to the (EPA uch) compliance sticker.

I remember decades ago when Artic Cat coined that phrase 'World Class Manufacturing'. World Class my ass.. More like sourced world wide from the cheapest bidder and China with their forced labor, communist governance and strict price controls as well as low wages can underbid and sell to anyone (us as in United States particularly).

We suck up more in imported goods (and now services as well) than any other free world country. Takata air bags are the prime example but people have short memories when it comes to cheap and almost everyone in this country wants it cheap and quick and China excels at just that and is laughing all the way to the bank, their bank. I see the credit rating for the United States just got downgraded. Ni surprise to me, should have tanked a long time ago.

Like I said previously, I tried one of their top handle arborist saws (Neo-Tek) and wasn't impressed with anything but the price which was under half (way under half actually of the Stihl top handle arborist saw and 1/2 of the Echo CS top handle saw (suggested retail price). I tried the Neo-Tek twice and gave it away (free to one of my friends), Not impressed at all. Went out to my Echo dealer and bought a CS top handle Arborist saw and it runs like a top, starts second pull all the time and is an overall workhorse. Far as I'm concerned Stihl saws are over priced today and there are very viable alternatives at a much better price point, but the there are others that are really cheap (as in Chinese knock off's), but again, you always get what you pay (or don't pay) for in the end. I don't see them lasting as long as my 40+ year old 028 Stihl. Not gonna happen and one of those people who like longevity along with reliability and ease of use.
Three brothers, two of us have gone exclusively Echo. The other one is a Stihl man. Love my Echos.

So do I and I was always a dyed in the wool Stihl person. They can be a bit hard to initially start but a simple muffler mod (way too many baffles) and the 5degreeoffset crank key and and the boring out of the back side of the carb casting really woke it up. (thanks to Red Beard and Saw It Again) for the parts and my machining skills). I also purchased the 'O' ring kit for the stock air cleaner as the stock cleaner don't seal that well well and allows fines to enter the carb throat stock. I also modded my CS top handle with a non Cat muffler from Saw It Again. Interestingly, Echo offers a non cat muffler for them.

I left the limiter caps in place as Echo tends to set them rich from the factory.

So do I and I was always a dyed in the wool Stihl person. They can be a bit hard to initially start but a simple muffler mod (way too many baffles) and the 5degreeoffset crank key and and the boring out of the back side of the carb casting really woke it up. (thanks to Red Beard and Saw It Again) for the parts and my machining skills). I also purchased the 'O' ring kit for the stock air cleaner as the stock cleaner don't seal that well well and allows fines to enter the carb throat stock. I also modded my CS top handle with a non Cat muffler from Saw It Again. Interestingly, Echo offers a non cat muffler for them.

I left the limiter caps in place as Echo tends to set them rich from the factory.
Any videos of it cutting with a new chain?

As a rule, I don't post video's. I'm 76 and video's aren't my thing at all. One thing you'll NEVER find on any of my saws 'dull' chain. Don't have 2 chain grinders for ornamental reasons and I always have one sharpened loop with me all the time, just in case I rock one. Try not to but shitte happens. Always grinding customers chains anyway. Once a tooth starts building pitch on the backside, it comes off and a new sharp loop is installed.

As a rule, I don't post video's. I'm 76 and video's aren't my thing at all. One thing you'll NEVER find on any of my saws 'dull' chain. Don't have 2 chain grinders for ornamental reasons and I always have one sharpened loop with me all the time, just in case I rock one. Try not to but shitte happens. Always grinding customers chains anyway. Once a tooth starts building pitch on the backside, it comes off and a new sharp loop is installed.
Was just interested to see how it pulled in the wood nothing more.

It pulls and self feeds just fine. I'm anal about how I set my depth gages as well and I never want to have to 'push' a chain to cut, I'd rather allow the chain to self feed with just the weight of the saw feeding it. Been using a 30 degree CBN wheel to set the depth gages,

Because "Chinese" and "crap" don't always go together, just like "insert OEM brand here" and "quality" don't always go together

The Chinese can build quality on par with what any other industrial nation can, BUT they tend to produce goods that match what the customer wants to pay for. If a company wants goods produced at a low price point, they get cheap crap. If they are willing to pay higher production costs, and oversee production themselves, they can get quality goods.
Just take a look at goods produced for the chicom goverment or military if you ever get a chance, they are well made. The same items produced for export or for their own citizens usually aren't as well made. The Chinese SKS is a prime example- look at one that was a true surplus rifle and they are very well made. Look at a commercial specimen made for export and they exhibit nowhere near the level of workmanship.
plus, they ain't got unions over there messing things up.🤷‍♂️
yes, the labor is cheaper too.

Pretty much my experience with the Farmmacs and Neotecs. Some sharp spots on the plastics. Gotta check it out closely and inspect the cylinder, piston, and exhaust/intake. Oil/grease the clutch bearing, cylinder, and chain tensioner. Get rid of the Torch plugs. Silicone spray on the plug and boot spring. A nylon brace would be ideal for the end of the chain tensioner as it’s an open spot. Most guys like the front tensioner. I prefer the sprocket side like yourself. I don’t start these saws unless I perform the aforementioned items. I am careful when pulling because I have also pulled some skin off my knuckle.

Eta

My return F380 was an abused one and the Noker jug may have been an addon. I do know Neotec uses Hyway, Noker, and unbranded jugs in their saws.

Found this tiny defect with a small crack on the oil seal boss.
View attachment 1104045
What plug do you use? Thanx for the pre-inspection tip, I have 1 in the box.

Back