Best Chinese chainsaw, Farmertec Vs Neotec Vs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I spent a few minutes looking at rechargeable saws on the 'net today. Eegads! Anyway, there I was looking at homedepot pricing on some stuff, and the echo whatevertheheck model was shown in the home depot description as made in china.

Go figure.

So I spent a few minutes looking at rechargeable saws on the 'net today. Eegads! Anyway, there I was looking at homedepot pricing on some stuff, and the echo whatevertheheck model was shown in the home depot description as made in china.

Go figure.
Almost ALL electric power tools are made in China.

I think the phrase "junk" precludes the product being useless, but I certainly wouldn't classify many of the off brands that way. I just the firewood and dropping I've done they've paid for themselves many of times over.
Now if I was a dealer I would consider it an enemy of my business.

On this forum, "China = bad" but people forget this forum would not exist without that country.
yup which is funny since stihl and husky and everyone else use a lot of china parts as well. Just because it's made in china doesn't mean it's junk and just because it's made in the USA doesn't mean it's good. But there is a lot of Chinese junk out there but maybe that's because they produce some much more than the USA in the low end department?

yup which is funny since stihl and husky and everyone else use a lot of china parts as well. Just because it's made in china doesn't mean it's junk and just because it's made in the USA doesn't mean it's good. But there is a lot of Chinese junk out there but maybe that's because they produce some much more than the USA in the low end department?
Right, but....wait for it....these CLONE saws ...holtzforma...neotec...bluesaw etc are in fact f'n junk. They are made in china.

Not all of the clones saws are the same quality.
The joncutter 5800 is just as good as a 455 rancher or 291 stihl.
The g660 needs a few oem parts to be a solid saw like the decomp, chain tensioner and oil pump.
Some of the g372's are decent, some need a new carb.
The g395's appear to be fine.
I only recommend clone saws to people who are willing to tinker and trouble shoot them. I spend part of a day cutting and tuning a clone to see what it needs before heading to the woods with it, I dont expect it to be perfect out of the box like a 1000 dollar husky or stihl.

Right, but....wait for it....these CLONE saws ...holtzforma...neotec...bluesaw etc are in fact f'n junk. They are made in china.
They can't all be junk as my stock holtzforma 660 would keep up with my stock stihl 660, now the holtzforma wears a CPI expansion pipe pushing 12hp and hasn't failed yet.

If folks want to buy the Chinese saws and enjoy them, let them have at it. Personally, I'd rather pay 4x as much for a Stihl/Echo and get something that will last years with hard use and not have to worry about basic components failing. Everyone knows you get what you pay for and these are a calculated risk.

If folks want to buy the Chinese saws and enjoy them, let them have at it. Personally, I'd rather pay 4x as much for a Stihl/Echo and get something that will last years with hard use and not have to worry about basic components failing. Everyone knows you get what you pay for and these are a calculated risk.
You get what you pay for except when you don't... The clones are certainly a calculated risk, but Stihl/Husky are far from a sure bet, and it's been that way for at least 30 years.

There is 1.4 billion people in China. USA, Canada and Europe together is less than 1.1 billion. Industrial worker here makes let us say 15$/hour. Chinese maybe a cup of rice/h still leaving a lot of people who do not get even that.
This goes through the whole process of making a chainsaw. Design, making parts, assembly, logistics and marketing etc.
There is where the price difference comes from. If chinese copy a quality product and copy it good I do not see any reason why it would be junk.
We have to remember that eventually they figure out that selling first chainsaw to a western guy is a achievement, selling second is a victory.
For sure something like this happened when china took over basic electronic components market globally.
Sorry for my rotten English.

Nah, I think im going to continue my due diligance on talking about how truly crappy and a waste of money these noker/holtzforma/bluesaws/etc really are. Chinese JUNK.

Back