Best Compliment for a 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just got back from the dealer, I have a brand new 18" 346XP NE in the truck now.....................................

....that they're letting me try out/ demo :)

I'll cut with it tonight and see how I like it.

Enjoy.....I hear some people are getting some decent #'s with those ported....

:cheers:
Mike

yep it's a chisel chain. I assume it's non-cat anyways, can't find a PN on the muff, it's got the gray gas cap and a silver clutch cover. I asked about a replacable tip bar, but they don't have any in stock for a .325 chain they said.

The muffler will be stamped on the top front of it if it's a cat. Sometimes it's relatively hard to see. You'll have to remove the plastic to see it though.

The muffler will be stamped on the top front of it if it's a cat. Sometimes it's relatively hard to see. You'll have to remove the plastic to see it though.

moving the chain brake back, #'s on the muff are:

9A
544 02 83-01 K

there's no "CAT" on there.....that means it's non-cat right? I thought if it had the gray gas cap and silver clutch cover it was a non-cat.

moving the chain brake back, #'s on the muff are:

9A
544 02 83-01 K

there's no "CAT" on there.....that means it's non-cat right? I thought if it had the gray gas cap and silver clutch cover it was a non-cat.

The silver clutch cover has nothing to do with it. Same with the primer bulb. It's on all of them. Not sure on the gas cap. I know the 359 e-tech has the green cap.

That PN has been superceded to 544 02 83-02. The cat muffler is 544 02 85-01. So it looks like you're good to go.

Last edited:
The silver clutch cover has nothing to do with it. Same with the primer bulb. It's on all of them. Not sure on the gas cap. I know the 359 e-tech has the green cap.

I thought the cat was what MADE the e-tech and they were all denoted with a green gas cap.....so inmy mind green gas cap meant it had a CAT.

There was a thread somewhere I read this.

Well just got back from the dealer, I have a brand new 18" 346XP NE in the truck now.....................................

....that they're letting me try out/ demo :)

I'll cut with it tonight and see how I like it.

If this a new saw straight out of the box remember that it's not broken in yet and may be a bit "boggy" they get a little stronger after a few tanks. :cheers:

Back