Best Compliment for a 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Well just got back from the dealer, I have a brand new 18" 346XP NE in the truck now.....................................

....that they're letting me try out/ demo :)

I'll cut with it tonight and see how I like it.

Enjoy.....I hear some people are getting some decent #'s with those ported....

:cheers:
Mike

blsnelling
yep it's a chisel chain. I assume it's non-cat anyways, can't find a PN on the muff, it's got the gray gas cap and a silver clutch cover. I asked about a replacable tip bar, but they don't have any in stock for a .325 chain they said.

The muffler will be stamped on the top front of it if it's a cat. Sometimes it's relatively hard to see. You'll have to remove the plastic to see it though.

headleyj

headleyj

ArboristSite Guru
The muffler will be stamped on the top front of it if it's a cat. Sometimes it's relatively hard to see. You'll have to remove the plastic to see it though.

moving the chain brake back, #'s on the muff are:

9A
544 02 83-01 K

there's no "CAT" on there.....that means it's non-cat right? I thought if it had the gray gas cap and silver clutch cover it was a non-cat.

blsnelling
moving the chain brake back, #'s on the muff are:

9A
544 02 83-01 K

there's no "CAT" on there.....that means it's non-cat right? I thought if it had the gray gas cap and silver clutch cover it was a non-cat.

The silver clutch cover has nothing to do with it. Same with the primer bulb. It's on all of them. Not sure on the gas cap. I know the 359 e-tech has the green cap.

That PN has been superceded to 544 02 83-02. The cat muffler is 544 02 85-01. So it looks like you're good to go.

Last edited:
headleyj

headleyj

ArboristSite Guru
The silver clutch cover has nothing to do with it. Same with the primer bulb. It's on all of them. Not sure on the gas cap. I know the 359 e-tech has the green cap.

I thought the cat was what MADE the e-tech and they were all denoted with a green gas cap.....so inmy mind green gas cap meant it had a CAT.

There was a thread somewhere I read this.

Erick

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well just got back from the dealer, I have a brand new 18" 346XP NE in the truck now.....................................

....that they're letting me try out/ demo :)

I'll cut with it tonight and see how I like it.

If this a new saw straight out of the box remember that it's not broken in yet and may be a bit "boggy" they get a little stronger after a few tanks. :cheers:

Latest posts