Best fuel can?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The button on the No-Spill can is variable, you don't want to push it all the way in when filling a small tank. You also want to let off the button before the tank is full. This ain't really rocket science... ;)

We get wrote up the first time we bring a plastic can on site and fined second time and terminated third time

Either No-Spill has some QC issues or people simply use these things wrong. (And many People never admit theyre wrong)

My ONLY "Complaint" is that you really have to make sure you tighten it well after filling it up. (some Genius in the amazon reviews used a Pipewrench, And then gave it one star)

From Amazon's Reviews:

388 Reviews

5 star: (287)
4 star: (53)
3 star: (17)
2 star: (15)
1 star: (16)

I picked up a 2.5g No-Spill can this past weekend due to this thread. So far, I like it. I had one issue with my smaller trimmer, but I think I know what I did wrong (I didn't submerge the nozzle far enough in the tank).

One thing that you have to do is burp the spout prior to filling a small tank - that makes all the difference. The gas shuts off when the nozzle is submerged and prevents venting. If you don't burp the No-Spill and there is positive pressure in it and your equipment's little tank is full, it will not stop.

Well...Jill is a cutie but I'll keep my new steel one.

If you read the no-spill reviews on Amazon, the big complaint is the screw on top leaking. This is the problem I've had with other cans.
Looks like some are ok and some are not. People are also complaining that they can't return the product.

Live a positive life!

Just to be on the safe side (and we all want to be on the safe side......right?) there should be an 8 hr. operational / safety class prior to purchasing a No-Spill fuel container.

The permit would be good for three years, and then you would be required to attend a 4 hr. refresher course, to obtain a new permit for another 3 yrs.

Good idea 2123! I it must, however, be a requirement that the no-spills used in the course not leak.

Live a positive life!

I was thinking that during the course, a No-Spill fuel container would be presented to the class that did leak. It would then be the class's responsibility to trouble-shoot, diagnosis, and rectify the problem.

Time for a refresher

Hahaha.. Seriously.. I need another 101.. I don't think I've been putting it in far enough.. I've mainly been playing around trying to fill a small echo top handle, the nozzle just barley fits in there so you can't see how much your filling. Muscle memory wants to pull it out a bit to see & that's usually when it overflows. I really haven't tried to use it on anything else as I use a different mix on my saws than the businesses & fill them myself with a little non epa 1 gallon.

Oh & to touch base on the green guy again... This is to good not to tell.. So after another day of telling him the same stuff over n' over he was probably fed up with me but mostly his lack of short term memory. He walks up to a piece of brush, it was an wirey apple tree I was limbing for him to drag, he reached down & it sliced his arm somehow. He finally lost it. He had a full blown adult temper tantrum & started kicking the tree, whipping, I mean whipping brush in all directions & cussing up a storm. I actually stood back for a minute wondering if he was about to go postal on me. Now if I could just get him to whip the brush like that in the right direction.. Lol. Too funny, definitely a YouTube moment at the best.

The button on the No-Spill can is variable, you don't want to push it all the way in when filling a small tank. You also want to let off the button before the tank is full. This ain't really rocket science... ;)

At a 3 gallon per minute pour rate, one doesn't have a great deal of time to shut it off before it goes everywhere. Seriously, I tried feathering the button teh one time when I spilled the most gas. so you CAN feather the button and still have the auto-shutoff work?

In order to operate a No Spill you must first be smarter than the No Spill.:dizzy:

So my master's degree in engineering isn't enough?

If you can't pour gas should you be running a chainsaw?

I've ben running a chainsaw a long time - no injuries yet (knock wood). I've also "poured" a lot of gas and NEVER spilled as much as I did last night with "no-spill"

Well, it's obviously my technique. Will have to try again.

The 1-1/4 gallon No-Spill works better for small trimmers and saws.

Huh... Does it have a smaller nozzel or something? The 2.5 I got for free had two caps/nozzles. I wonder if the other one might be smaller depending on what it came off of.

Back