Best laid plans and HUA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another four hours pulling parts of the top out of the ditch. Cme home with 3/4 of a load. Tiem I had the tops cleared I was beat but decided to at least cut a few chunks off that rotten log.

rotten%20log_zpsxkde3nle.jpg

No reasonable way around the root wad so the road has to go through there. Cut 4 sections. Too heavy to move so I'll have to noodle each chunk to get them out of the way.

Here is the next victim:

victim_zps8cjpbjl5.jpg

Should go a cord or more. It is only the stem plus those two branches at the crotch. The tree behind it is another victim but probably for next year.

It's DONE!!

Spent 3 hours Friday getting a 14' log (about 24" dbh) our of the ditch - it was blocking water flow and since I put it in there, I figured it was up to me to get it out. Lots of cable/chain/snatchblock work interspersed with tries to pull it with a 2x PU. Finally succeeded by cutting it in thirds and it still took a lashup to get a 4 multiplier.

Anyhow here is the log after (almost) blocking it. I cut one more round and a triangle off it after I took the pic.

totten%20log%201_zpszr3gffx6.jpg

And the logging road. Very tight going pat that big brush pile and tree about 1/2 way down.

logging%20road_zpsqbkqngsh.jpg

Was out dinking around the wood piles this morning and realized I am getting overloaded with wood again unless my new customer who wanted 3 cords Willow shows up. I'll be returning to that wood patch but just to clean up a century of dead fall and get ready to burn brushpiles in he spring. I do have a couple trees I need to get out of there after harvest that will add another cord or two to the stash.

Harry K

Back