Best laid plans and HUA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turnkey4099
Another four hours pulling parts of the top out of the ditch. Cme home with 3/4 of a load. Tiem I had the tops cleared I was beat but decided to at least cut a few chunks off that rotten log.

rotten%20log_zpsxkde3nle.jpg

No reasonable way around the root wad so the road has to go through there. Cut 4 sections. Too heavy to move so I'll have to noodle each chunk to get them out of the way.

Here is the next victim:

victim_zps8cjpbjl5.jpg

Should go a cord or more. It is only the stem plus those two branches at the crotch. The tree behind it is another victim but probably for next year.

turnkey4099
It's DONE!!

Spent 3 hours Friday getting a 14' log (about 24" dbh) our of the ditch - it was blocking water flow and since I put it in there, I figured it was up to me to get it out. Lots of cable/chain/snatchblock work interspersed with tries to pull it with a 2x PU. Finally succeeded by cutting it in thirds and it still took a lashup to get a 4 multiplier.

Anyhow here is the log after (almost) blocking it. I cut one more round and a triangle off it after I took the pic.

totten%20log%201_zpszr3gffx6.jpg

And the logging road. Very tight going pat that big brush pile and tree about 1/2 way down.

logging%20road_zpsqbkqngsh.jpg

Was out dinking around the wood piles this morning and realized I am getting overloaded with wood again unless my new customer who wanted 3 cords Willow shows up. I'll be returning to that wood patch but just to clean up a century of dead fall and get ready to burn brushpiles in he spring. I do have a couple trees I need to get out of there after harvest that will add another cord or two to the stash.

Harry K