best non top handle craner saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You send your saw off a week before your day that you schedule. He ships shortly after so you won't be with out for long. I was hesitant about being without for a long time until he explained his new system.

you'll love it. very surgical feel and shocking power and torque for a micro saw....and the tiny kerf from the polechainsaw size bar and chain. Brad sells them for $520 with the mod already done. Have to admit to having crankcase post issue on both that I have had but first one was warranteed and hope this one will be also. Just moved on me yesterday at first chain tightening so not me or help over torqueing nut. If I gotta fix and pay for it I don't care...just give me my saw back fixed.

you'll love it. very surgical feel and shocking power and torque for a micro saw....and the tiny kerf from the polechainsaw size bar and chain. Brad sells them for $520 with the mod already done. Have to admit to having crankcase post issue on both that I have had but first one was warranteed and hope this one will be also. Just moved on me yesterday at first chain tightening so not me or help over torqueing nut. If I gotta fix and pay for it I don't care...just give me my saw back fixed.
What kind of problem have you had with it vet ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got September 3-4 scheduled. I'm sending my 461 and 550 to him for porting. Will also have him get me a 150 and do the mods at the same time.

What kind of problem have you had with it vet ??

both 150's I have had the crankcase cover post stripped out and the post turned with the nut. The post is embedded in plastic unlike more expensive saws. But the first one was completely fixed I think with a larger post and glue....until it was stolen.

both 150's I have had the crankcase cover post stripped out and the post turned with the nut. The post is embedded in plastic unlike more expensive saws. But the first one was completely fixed I think with a larger post and glue....until it was stolen.
So now the new one has done it two. I guess the fix should be done when it's brandy new.

I am bewildered by it. It took help from Mark Chisolm on Buzz to do anything about it and then they warranteed it. I still can't live without it no matter the injustice.

Here's my small fleet.
y8a8u4ag.jpg

How are you guys with ported saws handling the saw mix difference.? I am told by Brad I should not run a stock 40 or 50 to 1 mix but rather a 30 to 1 mix with a ported saw. Do you carry a seperate mix or do you run all your saws on a 30 to 1 mix.

20 oz in a 5 gal....I can remember that. Have been running 16 oz. or a pint (half a pint to 2 1/2 gals.) per 5 gal mix ever since I can remember (looong time).

Metric here, all my saws run 36-1, works out to 140ml to 5 litres

The best craner saw is the one in your truck with the sharpest chain!

Most of the time though it's a 200 or 201T. When we get to bigger wood it's the ms 441, when we get to the biggest it's the 3120. Sometimes we throw in a 394xp too.

When you have a crane day....they all should be sharp.

I often stay up most of the night sharpening saws before a very challenging crane day.

ps. the thread is "non top handled saws"

For me after the t540 comes the 550 w/ 18" then 461 w/ 28". Luckily never had to bring the 3120 w/ 42" into the tree. Lol

For me after the t540 comes the 550 w/ 18" then 461 w/ 28". Luckily never had to bring the 3120 w/ 42" into the tree. Lol

I have had my 090 48" up in the bucket ....but up on the saddle..uh uh!

Back in the day before good climbing saws climbers would attach a Homelite xl 12 or whatever midsize saw on a climbing line crotched up around where you are and complete with a taughtline hitch and just advance it around the tree as nec.

660 with a 36" pulls the harness down a bit so bought shoulder straps

Back