Best pics of your older saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'll bite.

DSC08943Medium_zps804b9fac.jpg

This beast kicked my Yellow Fever into overdrive... Pro Mac 850, ported (by me) 82cc Runs good, until oil pump gasket took a crap. Still needs the support strut for the bottom of the oil pump... it's still drawing air and bar oil through there somewhere.

View attachment 273336

This one is the second Mac project. 790 ported (by me, I may have f'ed up the transfers, we'll find out later, and I know I won't try transfers again until I get a better idea of what I'm doing) Unfortunately, it is down for a while, got some R&D to do and a prototype part to make for it... and possibly more exhaust port work to get more power now that the transfer timing is off. Seems to fall on its face in the cut, found the throttle butterfly was flipping forwards as the trigger pushed it past WOT, and air grabbed the plate, then it would be at about half throttle. Carb may be junk... it's a flat back after all...

View attachment 273337

This one needed the least work... but it does seem to need a new sprocket, at the least. Now, it does not like the chain to even be anywhere near the bar. Probably wasn't a great idea to run a used chain on a used sprocket, when they were at different wear rates. Now I really understand why they recommend replacing the sprocket whenever you replace the chain(s) that you used with it.

Original 1967 250, including original spark plug. Guy I bought it from was the original owner, and he used it for stumping. I used it for the same thing a while back... took all of those 80cc's to cut through those 2+ year old White Oak stumps, those would've burned up a smaller saw no problem. Yes, chain was sharp and the rakers were set at a good height, dug that spike right into the stumps and pulled. Didn't stall it at all, she just kept eating. Had fun limbing out and cutting up that tree in the picture... that fell in our yard after the drought and a wind from the north broke the tree for good.

View attachment 273338

Only runner right now in terms of able to cut right now is the 250. Out of about eight saws, including one of them hard to kill PM 610's.

Latest posts

Back