Big Beaver ReTREEver Anybody know anything??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds real interesting...do you have any pictures...or articles in magazines...haven't seen the remote control you speak of.

sounds (possibly) a over all better idea.

Just my thought.

Sounds real interesting...do you have any pictures...or articles in magazines...haven't seen the remote control you speak of.

sounds (possibly) a over all better idea.

Just my thought.
see post #5 in this thread.

For those who want to see a flash video I signed up and got it as best I could.

They are using Java to hide the URL of the video. However the URL of the video is also a smoke screen, like the short cut icons on your desk top.

So whilst you can view the flash video here it's not the real videos URL. If some-ones got a Hex editor etc they could crack out the real URL of the video from the link below.

Anyway, here you go

http://www.bigbeaverretreever.net/images/bigbeaver.swf

Or alternatively if some-one can copy this video, great do it!

This would be nice attached to a new 25 ton truck crane. Looks like it would be more useful & much less expensive in the long run. Any opinions on this idea ?

thanks Ekka for posting that. definitely cool technology. looks pretty neat aside from those dangling hydro lines. On the one cut where he is delimbing I was cringing that the operator didnt hook one those lines on another branch

This would be nice attached to a new 25 ton truck crane. Looks like it would be more useful & much less expensive in the long run. Any opinions on this idea ?

If that could attach and function...def. then you have the same attachment with out other unit...less space in your yard.

Crane used well for its original purpose.

Cheaper just to have the attachment.

How would you power the head?

Last edited by a moderator:
If that could attach and function...def. then you have the same attachment with out other unit...less space in your yard.

Crane used well for its original purpose.

Cheaper just to have the attachment.

How would you power the head?

Looks like it has a 14cc engine on it and that these are for knuckle cranes, not winched cable cranes.

http://www.cranab.com/site_specific/uploaded_files/4200/img00_119201493085022400.jpg

This is not the GSK, I could not find any action shots of that head. The file is huge, so I did not link it as an IMG.

Last edited:
from what i saw on that video (thx ekka) someone still has to go up and make the collar cuts on the trims it was doing.

looked a little jumpy too. i'd pass on it unless i was harvesting wood and still at that what about stability?

how will it do on uneven terrain?

oldirty

what application would you use it in?

it would probably make its money back if you were clearing lots or punching holes in the woods.

how do you get it to the jobsite? do you need to bring it in on a low boy or is it over the road?

i think it would be a tough machine to use in a rez setting though.

oldirty

Just thinking how great that tree squeezer woluld be mounted on Mike Poor's knuckle boom ( remote controlled) crane. Articulated, 100 ft. reach & the ability to accomplish all the above, with both feet on the ground. A new era of tree work on the horizon.

Last edited:
A new era of tree work on the horizon.

you think so?

i mean can you get it to the job no problem?

how heavy is it?

what about all the hydraulic hoses hanging near the work on it?

it is more or less a crane right? IE take a big pick and get it to the chipper or log truck.

i am not dumping on it by any means but if you already have a crane why would you want that added monetary burden?

it might be a stud for ROW work.

i think i would rather have a crane though. at least you would still be able to make money if you decided you didnt want ot do tree work with it.

i mean i remember reading a quote about when cars first came out and someone said nothing would replace the horse, we all saw what happened after that.

how much was it again?

oldirty

Last edited:
Here's what I heard today.

The 64' unit which they had there weights in around 30,000 lbs or 40,000 lbs. So you're not hauling it anywhere with an F550 or even an F650.

It's got a 3,000 lb capacity fully extended.

Diameter wise it can handle logs up to 3'

The only thing I saw it being good for in their video was half dead pines. I mean maybe up here it would be good for black locust, but really one of the largest problems I see with it is that unless you're working in 1 neighborhood for a LONG time, it's not worth the money, or the move.

Back