Big Beaver ReTREEver Anybody know anything??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what if?

what if something went wrong mid-cut.(chain failure,hydro problem):help: call the crane,climber,and a cert tec.man that wood cost ya alot aah!! neat idea though.

The price is $300,000. Top speed is about 21mph, so unless you're doing a lot of jobs in the same area, then you're going to need a big trailer to haul it from job to job. It's 9 feet wide and has four wheel drive and four wheel steering. A/C and a CD player are extra!

The salesman also said that the operator's view of the harvester head is obscured by the hydraulics, etc so they are working on a remote control so the machine can be operated from outside of the cab.

I told one of my friends about this machine yesterday... he's got his own excavation company and runs a 40,000 lb excavator along with other stuff. He said that to get a USED rig in half descent shape to move something like that would be EASILY 50K. So now you're up to $340,000... add on tax and what not... let's say 350K+ They say you can also use the trailer and truck for hauling logs...

If your a greenhorn, cant climb, or simply have no god given talent when it comes to tree removal; then you might consider dropping 300k on a big beaver retriever. Although traditionally I have been a huge advocate of beavers in general, AlpineJesus can not endorse the bigbeaver retriever. It could be because Its slow, dangerous, too expensive, not practical, or maybe I just don't like big beavers, but im just not impressed.

big beaver

I think that as a city arborist that the Retreever would be amazing and cost effcient considering the fact that we as a city could drive it around town with the flashers on and a chip truck following a knucle boom loading wood. The cost and labor involved in removing a city tree would dramaticaly reduce due to less wear and tear on the workers since 90% of city trees are accessable by equipment. In short ...less manual cutting and loading and more mechanical. welcome to the future. I love! to climb and prune and remove trees but anything that will save me the back ache later on in life I have to say lets learn how to use this technology to our atvantage. As with all new technology the price will come down with time and testing as well as market competition as soon as the rest of the pack sees the applications.:greenchainsaw: Dan

I think that as a city arborist that the Retreever would be amazing and cost effcient considering the fact that we as a city could drive it around town with the flashers on and a chip truck following a knucle boom loading wood. The cost and labor involved in removing a city tree would dramaticaly reduce due to less wear and tear on the workers since 90% of city trees are accessable by equipment. In short ...less manual cutting and loading and more mechanical. welcome to the future. I love! to climb and prune and remove trees but anything that will save me the back ache later on in life I have to say lets learn how to use this technology to our atvantage. As with all new technology the price will come down with time and testing as well as market competition as soon as the rest of the pack sees the applications.:greenchainsaw: Dan

Im guessing you guys don't have power lines in your city. The boom on this thing is not insulated; Using this thing around power lines is an accident waiting to happen. This is the last piece of equipment I would consider for city work here in the northeast due to the tight roads and power lines.

you nailed it

Just thinking how great that tree squeezer woluld be mounted on Mike Poor's knuckle boom ( remote controlled) crane. Articulated, 100 ft. reach & the ability to accomplish all the above, with both feet on the ground. A new era of tree work on the horizon.

yes you nailed it. I have been thinking of stuff like this for a long time. It would take a little off your max load but really who cares. I have to call effer now :) great idea. as is there is room for improvement but still seems more productive than anything i have seen yet.

If your a greenhorn, cant climb, or simply have no god given talent when it comes to tree removal; then you might consider dropping 300k on a big beaver retriever. Although traditionally I have been a huge advocate of beavers in general, AlpineJesus can not endorse the bigbeaver retriever. It could be because Its slow, dangerous, too expensive, not practical, or maybe I just don't like big beavers, but im just not impressed.

There have always been ways for 1 guy and a 20 year old pickup truck to take down trees. Big Beaver is not for those guys. If fact, I'm surprised those guys have computers that cost $300. This tool is for those large, well equipped tree companies who have the 3 C's (cash, credit, and customers). 99 out of 100 of these complainers are not potential customers for a nice, safe Dieci unit w/ a Big Beaver. This is for companies who actually pay work comp and liability insurance, who care whether or not a guy falls with a dead tree. It is for companies who work for people with nice houses and money, who don't choose to take a chance on a tree falling on their home. You probably wouldn't understand. Go knock some more doors, get a tree job and get off the computer. I pray you don't fall out of the tree into a power line. BTW, people do use equipment in the NE, esp in cities.

Anybody know anything about this new machine. Its called the Big Beaver Retreever. The only thing Ive seen about is the ad below that is in the new TCI Mag. I tried going to there site but all I get is an adult site. Ive tried calling them and no one picks up. Talk about great customer service. Anyways just wanted to know if anybody knows anything.

beavereg9.jpg
Anybody know anything about this new machine. Its called the Big Beaver Retreever. The only thing Ive seen about is the ad below that is in the new TCI Mag. I tried going to there site but all I get is an adult site. Ive tried calling them and no one picks up. Talk about great customer service. Anyways just wanted to know if anybody knows anything.

beavereg9.jpg
I do know about Big Beaver. If you are interested, post contact info. There is way too much info to post on here. It is alive, works and been improved. Thanks

Latest posts

Back