Bragging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey slowp, Just so you know, I truly meant no offense. The "prettiest" remark was mean in the same way I might have said to a female audience that all of us guys here in VT are handsome because we grow our beards out. Regardless, I'm sorry if it came across wrong.
Having said that, what I've found across the country is that women and men have a higher degree of respect for one another if they share physical labor. There's something about being able to actually perform a hard task, with all the brains and brawn required, that makes for a level playing field. Sure there are men who stereotype women, and vice versa, but a lot of times this breaks down when there's work that needs to get done before dark, the approaching storm, etc. Perhaps it's the recognizition that we all stink when we sweat.
Don't mind her, she's just a pot stirrer.

Although on this subject how many of those beautiful women are actually visitors from NYC, Boston, LI, or NJ....

Surprised nobody mentioned the skiing or mountain biking.

And stop bragging... keep this place quiet ;)

And stop bragging... keep this place quiet ;)

No-no! By all means, keep letting people know how nice it is! We're currently upgrading the I89 / I93 interchange so the folks from MA will have no trouble passing through horrible NH on their way to VT. :)

Down here in CT we call VT "the state you have to drive through to get to Burlington". :laugh:

Just kidding, I love all the Northeast states. Foliage is in full bloom, running a couple of splits through the insert occasionally to take the edge off at night, and the turkeys are running around the yard. Can't figure out why it's so warm out today but hard to complain.

Enjoy.

As to SlowP trying to derail yet another thread....it's got to be a sad life going around trying to pee in everyone else's pool constantly. Why don't you find a forum that has folks with the same values as you and stay there as this sure isn't the place for you.

PS the "don't move here" bit was funny for two or three posts. Now it's just stupid.

News Flash: this nation was built on diversity, and more keeps coming. If you don't approve of what someone else is saying, you could just turn your attention elsewhere. If we have to live in an echo chamber of similar ideas, we lose.

Shallow judgements are still boring.

News Flash: this nation was built on diversity, and more keeps coming. If you don't approve of what someone else is saying, you could just turn your attention elsewhere. If we have to live in an echo chamber of similar ideas, we lose.

Shallow judgements are still boring.
I'm all about acceptance of others views and opinions. In fact, more than once on this site I've come to the aid of a person/group when they are getting covered with the broad brush even if I don't 100% agree with them.

When someone comes in with an attitude and tries to stir the pot in every post they comment on, calling them out on that fact is neither discriminatory nor close minded.

As to SlowP trying to derail yet another thread....it's got to be a sad life going around trying to pee in everyone else's pool constantly. Why don't you find a forum that has folks with the same values as you and stay there as this sure isn't the place for you.

PS the "don't move here" bit was funny for two or three posts. Now it's just stupid.
damn well said!!!!!!!!!!!!! but she knows it all!!

Since this thread is still alive, I'll share a bit of VT humor. A lot of Yankee jokes are poked at "flatlanders." Word of warning, if you are a sensitive Texan, skip it.

A Texan was driving around Vermont in his Cadillac with big longhorns on the hood. He saw a Vermont farmer in his field so he pulled the car over.
"Howdy," said the Texan.
"Howdy," replied the farmer.
The Texan asked, "How big is your spread here?"
The farmer answered, "Well, if you follow this fence line over to the rock wall, then over there to that big Maple, and back to us, this is my farm."
"That's all of it?!" asked the Texan. He boasted, "At my ranch, you can get in your pickup and drive West from dawn until dusk and still not reach the end of my land. What do you think of that?!"
The Vermonter paused and politely replied, "Yup, I once had a truck like that myself."

Since this thread is still alive, I'll share a bit of VT humor. A lot of Yankee jokes are poked at "flatlanders." Word of warning, if you are a sensitive Texan, skip it.

A Texan was driving around Vermont in his Cadillac with big longhorns on the hood. He saw a Vermont farmer in his field so he pulled the car over.
"Howdy," said the Texan.
"Howdy," replied the farmer.
The Texan asked, "How big is your spread here?"
The farmer answered, "Well, if you follow this fence line over to the rock wall, then over there to that big Maple, and back to us, this is my farm."
"That's all of it?!" asked the Texan. He boasted, "At my ranch, you can get in your pickup and drive West from dawn until dusk and still not reach the end of my land. What do you think of that?!"
The Vermonter paused and politely replied, "Yup, I once had a truck like that myself."

A Yankee farmer was out in his old truck heading to the field when a fast driving city guy (we usually assume it's NYC) pulls up behind and starts hitting the horn. After a half mile of slow moving the city guy tries to pass but strikes the farmer's old truck. Both stop. Both guys sit in their vehicles for a few minutes. Finally the city guy heads over and starts harassing the farmer for driving too slowly, for failing to pull over, and being a general nuisance to busy people everywhere. He tells the farmer the old truck's not worth fixing and there's no way he's going to pay an insurance claim because of some dumb farmer. The farmer listens until the guy calms down. Then he says "Well, you may be right. I didn't pull over and I was driving slowly. This old rig hasn't run right in years and my hearing's not as good as it used to be. But I don't see any reason to get insurance involved. There's no damage to this old rig and you've only got a scrape on your car." The city guy backs down a bit and the farmer keeps going. "How 'bout I take your name and plate number here and you can give me a call later to let me know how much you're needing to get out of this jamb." That sounds like a win to the city guy so they exchange information. City Guy is about to leave when the farmer says "Hey! Lookee here! I just found this old bottle of Whiskey behind the seat. This must be 20 years old. You want a sip before you head out? Well, City Guy has turned a loss into a win and he figures 20 yr old whiskey is like icing on the cake so he takes the bottle and takes a good hit, then hands it back to the farmer. Instead of taking a drink though, the farmer returns the battle to the truck. "Aren't you gonna have one?" The reply: "Not till after the trooper's done."

Latest posts

Back