Breakfest of Chainsawers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandpa always used to carry a thermos full of coffee and a bag of cookies "you can't work in the woods without cookies" he'd say. To be honest it's one of the best things he ever taught me, and that old thermos still holds good heat through a 14 hour day.

As far as breakfast, if it's going to be a typical Wisconsin winter day you can't beat corned beef hash with eggs fried on top.

If your going to work like that, you gotta think like your body is going thru a cold,windy,wet winter night. Your stomach is your wood stove. What a couple big hunks of hard maple, hickory or white oak does for your stove, is what meat and potatoes is to your body. If your going to be working like that, fat is your friend.

I prefer a light breakfast usually Nature Valley bars and a banana or some other fruit...especially during the summer when its hot. A pound of potatos,greasy bacon,and eggs don't feel so good in my gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit, from McDonald's is a true rib-sticker. Never gives me stomach issues and holds me over until lunch, no problem.

When ever we travel, it's McDonald's for breakfast.

There's a big diffrence between traveling and working,unless yr running saws in the garage. Then its the same thing.

You were a cop and never had a cup of coffee?

True!

I'm just not a fan of hot liquids. I like hot chocolate and soup of course. But, I've never had hot tea or coffee as I mentioned. Even while in the military, no coffee or cigs for me.

I suppose at my stage in life, it's too late to try a cup. I have a younger brother, and I've never seen him with a cup of joe either. Once in a very great while, my wife will have a cup of coffee. She has a little one cup coffee maker that she digs out when she's in the mood.

Physical conditioning and paleo diet.
Most think their work is their physical conditioning. Doesn't matter how tough you are, or which coast you work on, your body adapts and your physical ability to adapt to new challenging tasks is limited at best. In my experience, individuals that have not worked out as a way of life do not stick with it if they start as an adult. One exception is people that have a life changing heart attack, or the like. Time after time it has amazed me how individuals that think they live a physically demanding job, just can't keep up when they are stressed outside their normal environment. Look up the paleo diet, and try a conditioning program. Yeah,it sucks after work, but you will be amazed.

I lose weight when I eat breakfast every day. I gain weight when I skip it. My usual breakfast is a single pan scramble of scrambled eggs, meat (bacon, ham, or sausage..or any combination thereof) and cheese. Side of fruit of some sort, big glass of water and a cup of coffee.

Big breakfasts fire up your metabolism first thing ! , that explains weight loss..GNC makes a whole body vitapak..awesome vtamins that get you goin without feeling like your heart is gonna blow up !

Most think their work is their physical conditioning. Doesn't matter how tough you are, or which coast you work on, your body adapts and your physical ability to adapt to new challenging tasks is limited at best. In my experience, individuals that have not worked out as a way of life do not stick with it if they start as an adult. One exception is people that have a life changing heart attack, or the like. Time after time it has amazed me how individuals that think they live a physically demanding job, just can't keep up when they are stressed outside their normal environment. Look up the paleo diet, and try a conditioning program. Yeah,it sucks after work, but you will be amazed.

s.gif

s.gif
41uh0RTkXFL._SL500_AA500_.jpg

tap_snap_or_nap_ultimate_fighting_gear_sticker_bu.jpg

:D

Grits..... next to the worse thing a man could ever put in his mouth.hominey is next to grits and next is split pea soup.:mad:

Latest posts

Back