Broke my chainbrake handle :(

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
so... me and my 400 pound buddy are loading some 22" rounds that are 24" long into my pickup.. "we" stumble and both drop the log, he stumbles into the pickup and catches his balance... I on the other hand stumble backwards over some more wood and then hit something a little "soft" .... yeah.. my chainbrake handle :( :( :( Just broke it on the starter rope side, probably could be "plastic welded" or jb welded or whatever.. i ordered a new handle this morning (no idea on price yet) .... and yes: it sucks ass! :)

Anyone else ever been this stupid or had this misfortune?

No. Never have done anything stupid like that. Nobody has.

Ever.:D

On the bright side, the 441 saved you from breaking your neck and making an embarrasing post about it. Buy that saw a beer!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

so... me and my 400 pound buddy are loading some 22" rounds that are 24" long into my pickup.. "we" stumble and both drop the log, he stumbles into the pickup and catches his balance... I on the other hand stumble backwards over some more wood and then hit something a little "soft" .... yeah.. my chainbrake handle :( :( :( Just broke it on the starter rope side, probably could be "plastic welded" or jb welded or whatever.. i ordered a new handle this morning (no idea on price yet) .... and yes: it sucks ass! :)

Anyone else ever been this stupid or had this misfortune?

That wood never happen to me..... Just ordered a new brake handle for my 2188 last week.

Well, technically I have broken a chain brake handle...along with a whole bunch of other stuff when our 8000 pound wood trailer ran over the saw...:cry:

Get used to it...if you use 'em, yer gonna break 'em...

Back