Broken Throttle/Trigger on 028 AV, how hard to change?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Stihl 028 throttle snapped off yesterday, clean with the handle so the saw is unusable now. How hard is this to change out? Are there any exploded views of this saw on-line anywhere I can look at to see whats involved?

Thanks

also when removing the screw that hold's the black cover in place be careful, the spring under it may push the cover off and you won't see how it was in there. hold it in place then lift slowly and look underneth.

Thanks guys, the plastic trigger is $5 and will be in on Tuesday. Thanks for sharing about that spring, crap like that always sneaks up on me.

When you get your new trigger, it may not fit... Stihl made a change a long time ago in the 028 plastic top handle cover that required a change in the trigger.. You might be lucky, but if you can't get it to work with the cover on, you'll also need the updated cover.

Well, I have the top off, but how do I get the throttles pivot pin out? I was counting on a removable screw, but this does not have any type of head on it, it looks like a drive pin?

So whats the trick here?

Latest posts

Back