Brought 066 To The Shop Today - Do I Need To Turn In My Man Card?!?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was real good.
Sometimes I have a butcher shop process my deer, even though I have a grinder, cuber and slicer. I like doing it myself but hunting season is for hunting and I try to squeeze every day. Sometimes it comes out great but not always.
Perfect analogy. Not to mention my butcher will vacuum seal everything and make sausage that rivals store-bought pork. Sometimes it's just the right way to go.

That was cheap. You have a good shop there. Thanks for sharing! Man card, well it's like antlers. They fall off in February and grow back better each year.

I'm going through this with cars. I am afficially now the oil change lackey, as I can't even find the spark plugs on a new Subaru. Saw stuff, well, there are six projects as of today. Yee haw.

Hope your saw runs a long time. Mine cuts cake just fine...

I had put three Stihls on my bench because they did not run so well this spring to take inventory of what they needed. The following morning I picked up the phone and ordered a brand new one. Since then I put the other saws back in their shelf spot. In the last month I managed to cut at least $5,000 worth of Oak with my new saw so who needs a man card anyway? What can you buy with your man card? Thanks

No need to hand in your mancard , its not like you used the free time to watch keeping up with the Kardashians while writing Twilight fan fiction. If I was going to get a saw built though I would have used one of the builders here though, how much longer are you in Europe?

No need to hand in your mancard , its not like you used the free time to watch keeping up with the Kardashians while writing Twilight fan fiction. If I was going to get a saw built though I would have used one of the builders here though, how much longer are you in Europe?

I'm in Europe one more year. Thought about sending it back for someone to work some magic on it, but that can wait until I return. Spending all of my saw funds these days on picking up more saws for the collection.

Thanks

Got a new arrangement with the long haired general?
Haven't seen to many for sale...

Still have the same non-proliferation treaty with the LHG - for every saw that comes in, 3 have to depart.

I traded a few vintage Jonsereds to a fellow member for a Dolmar 166. My Landoni is tentatively sold. Have a Raket XB tentatively sold. But I still need to sell several more; will likely be some of the Jonsereds that I have multiples of.

Forgot to post a pic of the finished product. It still has the top cover with the decomp hole, but I just got one in the mail from an AS member. That's a new 28" bar and 3/8 chain (have bigger saws to run .404 chain); seems to have good balance. Still needs a bit of cleaning here and there. Then I'll mod the muffler and tune it. IMG_7584.JPGIMG_7581.JPG

Thanks

Scott

There are very few people I trust to do mechanical work that I can do myself. The few times I have trusted someone else it has been done wrong.

No need to surrender your man card provided you can do the work, but you just don't want to. Division of labour is efficient. It's what makes civilisation work, in a way. But being self sufficient is also necessary for system resilience and redundancy.

No need to surrender your man card provided you can do the work, but you just don't want to. Division of labour is efficient. It's what makes civilisation work, in a way. But being self sufficient is also necessary for system resilience and redundancy.

I agree!

On a related note, does anyone have a decent top cover with no decomp hole???

Curious what a shop will charge to put a saw together. Most of the shops around me would have no chance completing such a request. I'd get a blank stare.
Sometimes the local shop will send saws to me to put together because I have time and my labor is cheaper, they still make money on rebuilds...

We get at least one or two a month who bring in a saw in pieces, same story every time, they tried taking it apart to figure out what was wrong, couldn’t figure it out then had no clue how to reassemble the saw.

We take them in without blinking an eye and telling the customer that they will be charged X amount of labor at a minimum to inspect the parts, figure out what was wrong in first place (most of the time nothing or something simple like throwing a carb kit on the carb) and to reassemble the saw

Must have a real saw problem when you pick up saws that aren't needed and then have someone else work on them.
I guess that's not a bad problem to have when money is easier to come by than time.

Latest posts

Back