Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an attempt to redeem myself (but mostly to brag) here's my front lawn (pic. taken in late August of this year)

attachment.php

I used to love a nice lawn, now I hate them. The thing with Alaska is while a lawn only grows for 4 months, with the midnight sun you still get 12 months worth of growth, or so it seems. So you'll have times when you need to mow it 2-3 times a week. If that's not bad enough, we also get a fair bit of rain in the summer, so you need a weather window when the lawn is dry enough to cut.

Well, after you've had a stretch of wet weather, the last thing you want to do one one of the few sunny days is waste it mowing vs. fishing, hiking, etc.

One of the few saving graces of teenage boys is you can get them to mow the lawn.

Looks like Brad needs to port a Scag or an Exmark, or maybe a haymower, your killin' me w/ the lawn situation. Looks like an safety issue.:msp_biggrin:

I'm sure glad you aren't looking at MY backyard!!!
They'd be having to get you some medical attention!

Mike

I'm sure glad you aren't looking at MY backyard!!!
They'd be having to get you some medical attention!

Mike

Just imagine the fun we would have with a lawn mower GTG. You thought cant racing was fun, how about some side by side push mower action! Wooooo... I think Ill stick with the saws haha.

I'm in!!! Time to go port my mower....:rock:

attachment.php

:dribble:

Thats the one that I want!!! But how did you know?

Wow not only are we off topic, we are on a whole different forum.

Hey, Brad can we at least see a pic of the saw strewn across the bench.

:dribble:

Thats the one that I want!!! But how did you know?

Wow not only are we off topic, we are on a whole different forum.

Hey, Brad can we at least see a pic of the saw strewn across the bench.

So you have an older stander? I actually want the newer stander X or ZK. The ZK is absurdity fast! With a 62" deck I cut 3 hilly acres with a demo ZK in an easy 20 minutes, with my mower balls to the wall I can mow the same lot in 45 to an hour.

So you have an older stander? I actually want the newer stander X or ZK. The ZK is absurdity fast! With a 62" deck I cut 3 hilly acres with a demo ZK in an easy 20 minutes, with my mower balls to the wall I can mow the same lot in 45 to an hour.

No, I wish.
I'm sub-contractor, I ride other guys stuff, and I have a few on my own that I do with my home owner stuff.
We have some nice ones that True Green sprays and such that are hilly and I can't stand walk behind stripes.
Them Wrights are "IT" as far as I'm concerned as far as standers go.
My dream garage is a 48, or 52 Wright stander, Scag 60'' rider, Exmark 72. F-250/350 Diesel
As far as Models goes I don't know I see the price and I run.
I have heared that the Husky PZ series are doing well.
I have demoed a new 52 Grandstand and I liked it, but 8k, I had to walk away.

No, I wish.
I'm sub-contractor, I ride other guys stuff, and I have a few on my own that I do with my home owner stuff.
We have some nice ones that True Green sprays and such that are hilly and I can't stand walk behind stripes.
Them Wrights are "IT" as far as I'm concerned as far as standers go.
My dream garage is a 48, or 52 Wright stander, Scag 60'' rider, Exmark 72. F-250/350 Diesel
As far as Models goes I don't know I see the price and I run.
I have heared that the Husky PZ series are doing well.
I have demoed a new 52 Grandstand and I liked it, but 8k, I had to walk away.

I like the Grandstand's, the early runs had some issues, but nothing big.

Do I even want to know how much that Wright ran ya?

I try and wait until I'm done, try is the key word here.:msp_biggrin:

I'm waiting for Brad to come along, he has a nice sit down ZTR, no surprise there lol.

Believe it or not, I don't have any good pics of it. It's a Simplicity Citation. A wanted a commercial grade mower, but with the smallest deck for a nicer cut. I only have 1 acre. This one has a 48" deck, which I don't believe is available any longer. Zero Turn Mowers from Simplicity

839317145_F9bNZ-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back