Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
500cc two stroke dirt bike engines seem to go for a premium because they are no longer made and there really isn't a suitable modern equivalent. Rarely will you see a CR-500 engine go for under $1500, then add all the expen$e of building a saw around the engine.

Ol' Dennis has forget more about building saw engines than I'll likely ever learn.

you are both a couple of the greats in my book ,ive read a lot on here in last couple years ,some may not agree with dennis'comments sometimes ,but the guy knows how to make an engine run good, ive read between the lines on some of his remarks ,most of the time he is trying to help but not give his knowledge away for free ,im not leaving out the other greats on this site too ,there are many

you are both a couple of the greats in my book ,ive read a lot on here in last couple years ,some may not agree with dennis'comments sometimes ,but the guy knows how to make an engine run good, ive read between the lines on some of his remarks ,most of the time he is trying to help but not give his knowledge away for free ,im not leaving out the other greats on this site too ,there are many

Thats how I see it also.

Dennis gives advice like an most ol' timers I know. "Hey knuckle head!", "What the ______ are you doing", "Don't snag a ring in big port city" ect. Hahahaha.
Makes you listin to what they have to say, or at least take a second look at what you did.

I think Dennis helps Brad and others here more than most realize.
If no one questions or gives you guff on what you do a window opens up to not push the envlope that you'd have if you had someone on your back all the time.

Thats how I see it also.

Dennis gives advice like an most ol' timers I know. "Hey knuckle head!", "What the ______ are you doing", "Don't snag a ring in big port city" ect. Hahahaha.
Makes you listin to what they have to say, or at least take a second look at what you did.

I think Dennis helps Brad and others here more than most realize.
If no one questions or gives you guff on what you do a window opens up to not push the envlope that you'd have if you had someone on your back all the time.

I'm OK with that, as you will notice that I "like" a lot of his posts. I don't want to go back and rehash it, but last nights comment was entirely different.

500cc two stroke dirt bike engines seem to go for a premium because they are no longer made and there really isn't a suitable modern equivalent. Rarely will you see a CR-500 engine go for under $1500, then add all the expen$e of building a saw around the engine.

Plus the CR500 is a popular transplant into a CR250 chassis.

I'm OK with that, as you will notice that I "like" a lot of his posts. I don't want to go back and rehash it, but last nights comment was entirely different.

On that I agree, and Brad you know I really like Nik and supported him. That said, if you re-read, Nik did take the first swipe at Dennis, albeit no where near as badly. Difference as I see it is Nik didn't respond in kind, and that's something I respect mightily.

On that I agree, and Brad you know I really like Nik and supported him. That said, if you re-read, Nik did take the first swipe at Dennis, albeit no where near as badly. Difference as I see it is Nik didn't respond in kind, and that's something I respect mightily.

That I did.

How about the saw? 776 posts and we don't even have a running saw, let alone a 'Monster.' Maybe you are holding out for Halloween?

Just a little tidbit with all the race-saw/work-saw banter.

Like old Dennis said earlier, a piped saw can be made to run in big wood. . . In fact, there are quite a few big Huskies currently dumping monsters in AK -- wearing a 2-piece head.

Just because a saw has some aspects traditionally used on a hot cookie cutter, doesn't mean it won't put up with production falling too.

It's all in how you bake the cake. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back