Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh but you haven't been to Aus Wes. NZ'S A Cracker of a place too.

Careful what ya ask for. If things go teats up in Texas(that sounds like a great name for a band, btw), I may be knocking at yer door. Assuming I make it that far before something poisonous kills me...

In any case, I'm the son of an Air force sergeant. I am used to moving around. I imagine I'll get the bug to travel again soon enough.

Last edited:
I saw some of your videos before, but they now I can't view them, it says they're private. I saw trees felling the at you, jumping off the stump to early and you running under felling trees. Just curious why you made them private?

I have no idea what you are talking about, I don't know how to make them private, and haven't changed a thing about my account, I can see them, I assume others can.

As to any incorrect or dumb actions, I usually called it before it happened, and then chose proceed forward. Thats a big difference, than someone saying that is a textbook way of cutting a tree down, that he did it just like someone taught him, when it is plaining obvious it is quite dangerous, and there are better ways of doing, and Wyk, was already doing it a good way he just didn't finish it, he stopped and then angle cut the back, which for a leaner is not a very good way of doing, and it was slower. Simply pointing that out to him, as did others.

Andre, are you bitter that I was trying to help the guy?

Sam

Last edited:
Careful what ya ask for. If things go teats up in Texas(that sounds like a great name for a band, btw), I may be knocking at yer door. Assuming I make it that far before something poisonous kills me...

In any case, I'm the son of an Air force sergeant. I am used to moving around. I imagine I'll get the bug to travel again soon enough.

No matter which way the teats are pointed Wes, they can always be accommodated!

Andre, are you bitter that I was trying to help the guy?

Sam

No. I don't think you should give him questionable advice. I'm no logger but I and anyone with eyes can see you don't seem to know the proper felling techniques in many situations. Too many times it seemed you had no control over the trees you were felling. I don't want to see you get squished. Unfortunately I see that happening sooner than later, if you don't get some proper training. Where? I'm not sure, I've thought about it my self, but this part of Ohio isn't exactly logging country, so my options are severely limited.

Again I'm not trying to attack you Sam, but you com off to strong with your opinions sometime, and yes we're all guilty of this. You're a young guy with a lot of spunk and I admire that, you're doing something most can't or won't.:rock: With that said you need to slowdown every now and then and start listening to to some of your elders. You seem to have plenty to say, but little room for others advice or opinion's. A trait common with most young bucks.

Safe cutting.

Andre.

Last edited:
No. I don't think you should give him questionable advice. I'm no logger but I and anyone with eyes can see you don't seem to know the proper felling techniques in many situations. Too many times it seemed you had no control over the trees you were felling. I don't want to see you get squished. Unfortunately I see that happening sooner than later, if you don't get some proper training. Where? I'm not sure, I've thought about it my self, but this part of Ohio isn't exactly logging country, so my options are severely limited.

Again I'm not trying to attack you Sam, but you com off to strong with your opinions sometime, and yes we're are guilty of this. You're a young guy with a lot of spunk and I admire that, you're doing something most can't or won't.:rock: With that said you need to slowdown every now and then and start listening to to some of your elders. You seem to have plenty to say, but little room for others advice or opinion's. A trait common with most young bucks.

Safe cutting.

Andre.

LOL, really, give me some examples of the below,

"I'm no logger but I and anyone with eyes can see you don't seem to know the proper felling techniques in many situations. Too many times it seemed you had no control over the trees you were felling. I don't want to see you get squished."

Your such an idiot, I photo'd or video every tree I cut in a couple of hours, good or bad, and most of them fell about a close to textbook drop as could be expected, with me typically calling the exact placement within a couple of feet and your dumb a$$ is going to try to call me out, like I don't or didn't have control over my trees???? You're such a blowhard it isn't funny. You better go watch a few more and turn the volume up. Furthermore if the outcome was going to be sketchy, I stated it was going to be sketch and still made it work fine.

So go find them, otherwise your just blowing crap out of your mouth, as usual. I'm quite aware of when I'm pushing the limits and when things are going to crap. Thats a big difference than the above poster, stating that his cut for a leaning beech was what someone else taught him as being textbook, when that obviously isn't a text book cut, and its slower and less efficient. So once again, show your A$$ and provide me or us with examples of me not knowing what I'm doing, as you say, I don't. Just like your statement of and I quote, "I saw trees felling the at you, jumping off the stump to early and you running under felling trees."

Really, ..............., "jumping off the stump to early", LOL, please, oh please give us an example of that one. You don't even know what your talking about, LOL. I'm not sure, what "I saw trees felling the at you" means, as that is an incoherent statement, and as to the "running under felling trees.", I knew it was a crap situation and said it was a crap situation and for it being very unsafe, which it is, it was safer to go under it and come this way than go the other way due to it pushing the support tree which I cut.

I'll await your detailed response,

Sam

Last edited:
Here's my Snellerized 385XP set at about 14,300, with 4 exhaust ports on the muffler, and a cold start. This puppy is leaned out a bit, but you get the idea of how a ported 385xp/390xp can sound. I have yet to hear a Stihl in person that sounded anything like this saw(Crank yer audio up!):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4dWYBy2fPSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And that puppy there is buried in a leaning Beech tree that has been in the shade all it's life. Rock hard gets thrown around a lot, but that is the hardest tree I have ever cut in my life.

That's funny, my stihl sounds very similar to your 385, except the exhaust "pop" is a bit stronger at idle on mine.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!! WOW!!!!! Where did this come from? I go back and read now!

Back