Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be a good show down. Hopefully I don't slow the 390 down with the popup. I have seen that happen. Compression is 155 cold right now.

Depending on what happens with this, i may just send my saw back to you for a pop-up...After all, more is good, most is best right?:clap::rock::wink2::msp_biggrin:

That's just pieces of piston and rings:) Honestly, I don't know. The P&C still look perfect. I checked!

That's completely normal, and it happens in every video I take in low light. Think about why saws have spark arrestors, what you saw was a very small piece of carbon coming from the combustion chamber. You'll also see sparks coming off the B&C in low light.

That's completely normal, and it happens in every video I take in low light. Think about why saws have spark arrestors, what you saw was a very small piece of carbon coming from the combustion chamber. You'll also see sparks coming off the B&C in low light.

Carbin from a brand new saw,must be a husky thing.:biggrin:

It was barely light enough to make a vid. I edited the shots to brighten them up. I know a saw will throw sparks, but it concerned me beings this is a new saw and a fresh port job. The first thing I did was check it out. All looks good.

It was barely light enough to make a vid. I edited the shots to brighten them up. I know a saw will throw sparks, but it concerned me beings this is a new saw and a fresh port job. The first thing I did was check it out. All looks good.

All is good, just some ash/carbon whatever you want to call it, happens in both new saws and old saws, like I said that's why they have spark arrestors.

That was my slinger 372xpw but it out cut a couple 390s at least one was modded

K. Schmuck's 390 is a mean machine (used to be Burvol's, as I recall), and he and I both beat it with Bob's 394 in back-to-back cuts on the same cant... but your 372 was the real gem. That thing is nimble and strong and responsive. There was a 395 floating around somewhere too but I misremember whose it was or what had been done to it.

Hey Brad aka blsnelling iv sent you a few pms and im pretty sure they are not getting to you. Can you email me at [email protected] i have a few questions about your saw building

Here it is in the same wood the last 390 I did. This one's wearing an 8-pin rim and the rakers are a little lower, set for soft wood.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y7YdHb9U6SI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks killer! The office attire covered in saw dust look was great too. You just couldn't resist a little trigger time could you?

Latest posts

Back