Burned out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeAce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody else feeling extra burned out? I feel like its the end of september. I am tired and finding myself less customer friendly. IDK...prolly a dumb thread but was just wondering how others are holding up. Any ideas on ways to bounce back? Other than the obv vacation which I really just cant do for several reasons. The biggest one being there is just to much work to be done. People waiting. I should still be working right now but just felt almost sick and just couldnt focus. We did an easy little job in the morning and went to finish one that we got got run outa last week cuz of heavy thunder storms. Things went south when i went to clean the air filter on my chipper and noticed the wing nut was really tight. I eventually figured out that it was stripped/cross threaded wtf ever it was Fd up. Now the plate that covers the air filter wont stay on.:angry2: I about lose it. Thats just uncalled for. i send a guy up to napa to remedy the situation and in the mean time my throw line is a rats nest and I just cant take it anymore. The customer is on vacation so no worries with looking like a dumbass in front of them. So I went home to sit in silence for a few minutes. Start over in the morning. I guess the only thing to do is suck it up and keep plugn away. Just wondered how others deal with having more to do than they can really even do. Thanks for listening.

We gotta call to take out a Large Sycamore. They didn't come down with anthracnose yet this year, which would make the job cleaner. The lady jumped on it even though the price was up there. The hot weather broke was gettin' ready to schedule it in, and she was acting wishy washy. She wanted us to meet with her spouse to discuss scaling down the job, the bait and switch. At the end of the day, they signed up to double the deal with a twin tree around front to come out. There was a twinge of confusion briefly, but it all pans out.

Maybe you can scream at someone about that throwline and throw something and break it. No, deep breath and plenty of liquid, maybe you got too hot,man--last week. Everything is gonna be cool. Tree top is a great angle at the side walk when females walk by.

Yeah I been feeling a little burned lataly.. We're slammed right now and the calls are starting "where are you, you said 2 weeks it's been 4".. This is when I just start scheduling whoevers #####ing the most lol.. Top it off my wife just told me she wants a divorce.. Guess putting 60-70 hrs a week didn't work out so well for me.. She doesn't want anyt6hing, the house, the business, just wants to walk. Lucky me.. Gotta pick myself up and dust myself off, stay focused on the business..

We gotta call to take out a Large Sycamore. They didn't come down with anthracnose yet this year, which would make the job cleaner. The lady jumped on it even though the price was up there. The hot weather broke was gettin' ready to schedule it in, and she was acting wishy washy. She wanted us to meet with her spouse to discuss scaling down the job, the bait and switch. At the end of the day, they signed up to double the deal with a twin tree around front to come out. There was a twinge of confusion briefly, but it all pans out.

Maybe you can scream at someone about that throwline and throw something and break it. No, deep breath and plenty of liquid, maybe you got too hot,man--last week. Everything is gonna be cool. Tree top is a great angle at the side walk when females walk by.

So is that what makes me cough like a sum#$@@^ when i cut sycamores down or is it just the powdery stuff on the leaves?? I get burned out the more grief the hos give me !ya know nickel and dime when its 106 degrees out and that vein on the side of your for head is bouncing like the beat of a mariachi band!!!!!!

So is that what makes me cough like a sum#$@@^ when i cut sycamores down or is it just the powdery stuff on the leaves?? I get burned out the more grief the hos give me !ya know nickel and dime when its 106 degrees out and that vein on the side of your for head is bouncing like the beat of a mariachi band!!!!!!

Yeah, they nasty and tearing up your clothes. Beautiful tree reeking nasty sob of a tree. Cave man called it Sick a No More. Ooo Ooo.

Yeah I been feeling a little burned lataly.. We're slammed right now and the calls are starting "where are you, you said 2 weeks it's been 4".. This is when I just start scheduling whoevers #####ing the most lol.. Top it off my wife just told me she wants a divorce.. Guess putting 60-70 hrs a week didn't work out so well for me.. She doesn't want anyt6hing, the house, the business, just wants to walk. Lucky me.. Gotta pick myself up and dust myself off, stay focused on the business..

wow man I am really sorry to hear that. Do you think she is serious?

I was felling the burn a bit, sooo took off 2 weeks, feel much better, back at it and its crazy hot here in norcal

SJ, hope things get better for you man!!

Hang in there. Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks fellas. yeah she's serious, said she's not in love with me anymore, hasn't been for a while. After 17 f#####g years together.. Just gotta stay focused on my business and try to keep it together. Sorry for the thread hijack..

I always wear a bandana around my face when working with them nasty things

Thanks fellas. yeah she's serious, said she's not in love with me anymore, hasn't been for a while. After 17 f#####g years together.. Just gotta stay focused on my business and try to keep it together. Sorry for the thread hijack..

I wouldnt consider it a hijack.

That's rough stuff sorry to hear about it. If you want it to sometimes things like that end up doing a complete u turn even when it looks impossible. This line of work time is the thing that there is never enough of some girls just can't take that and I've been there to, its a shame that the sacrifices you make to ensure a stable household are the very ones that end up tearing it apart. When I had kids is when I hired an estimator so that I could make sure I'm there on the weekends. But what the really need to make is a cloning machine like that movie with micheal Keaton. Good luck and I hope it all works out for the best.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oibfla

It's just you.

Seriously though, lay off (whichever of these you are into) booze, energy drinks, fast food etc etc... take better care of yourself. That means plenty of fruit and veg, proper breakfasts (try muesli or poridge) get plenty of grains, bring a decent lunch to work. Get enough sleep (8 hours). All simple easy stuff but makes a huge difference in your outlook and energy levels. A lot of crankiness/tiredness is just poor nutrition.

Shaun

Last edited:
@ Tree Ace- I'm with ya, ive been burnt out for a while now, stayed in last week to due the heat, but felt guilty as hell so I could never relax, weeks out, work a 10, bid till dark (around 9 here) keep signing them, watching it stack up and feeling like a farmer (always bychten bout sumtin), but then I realize, I could be broke and lookin for work, or worse yet, getting shot at, so I will quit my bytchin

SJ- keep ur head bro, one foot in front of the other.

If you was coming home and breaking lamps on the wall and yelling at everybody, I could see how a woman could want to make a change. I doubt you are like that, but even if it was that bad, with kids involved, she should be willing to work harder to come to terms. Why does people think everything today is disposable?
Hey if she got that idea in her, "mind," and won't change it, think of it this way. You been doin' manual type stuff climbing and lifting staying buffed out-- you can find another more readily than some fatass that ate McDonald's and prozac in a factory the last seventeen years. When one door closes, another door opens.

I wouldnt consider it a hijack.
Good friend.

It's just you.

Seriously though, lay off (whichever of these you are into) booze, energy drinks, fast food etc etc... take better care of yourself. That means plenty of fruit and veg, proper breakfasts (try muesli or poridge) get plenty of grains, bring a decent lunch to work. Get enough sleep (8 hours). All simple easy stuff but makes a huge difference in your outlook and energy levels. A lot of crankiness/tiredness is just poor nutrition.

Shaun
Seem like you have good advice all over the place. Good diet, hygiene and rest. You can't live like some addict or a drunk bum and rock and roll the same as you can do it with some reasonable care.

It's just you.

Shaun

Dam! I guess you ain't diggin the Neil then ?

Somebody stick a marlboro in this guy's mouth and get me a cheesburger before i commite suicide:msp_sneaky:

Did he say PORRIDGE? Wtf issat?:laugh:

Its like workin in the stove down here 95+ and humid. even the shade is hot.
In the AF we had red flag days when it was like this, work 45 break for 15, how do we adapt this to the tree care industry???

Back