Busted open knee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOGBEAR

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 4 year old son insisted on going to get some wood a friend had, he said it was only a few limbs. Ha We got two loads and still have 6 loads left . It was cut last winter oak and pecan mixed, man I'm glad to have my saws back. Anyway to my point we got it home and started stacking it yesterday and true to form my boy wanted to help. And he did until he slipped on a piece that was busted and busted his knee, it was very close to stitches but I couldn't see putting him through that so we steri-stripped it back together, and he is resting up today. He told his mama and me to leave that piece of wood alone that he would take care of it when he was well. Tough AS A LIGHTER KNOT.

Hope he heals up OK! That stuff happens. It's a wonder any of us lived through childhood. My wife is into scrapbooking and used to chronicle all of my injuries in an album, but she finally gave up :)

Ouch, They are tough. I have a 5 yr old son, he insists on going as well. He usually gets to unless I plan on felling then he has to stay home.

Wasnt really sure about posting it but he was so tough about it and we were stacking firewood maybe nobody will care. But he is doing fine.

Awesome - I'll send your little helper some rep through you!

Thanks guys even though he is 4 I have been telling him about the posts and he is enjoying me reading them to him.

Don't waste your money on sutures for a knee, chicks don't look at your knees much.

Flush that wound daily with clean warm water and on 4 year old it should heal in 3 days. Tetnus shot up to date???

Good score!! My 6 year old stays away from the wood pile, I don't want him and his buddies playing king of the log pile and knocking all my wood down.

Hope your son heals up real fast and can get back to his job. After all, there is a lot of wood he has to help dad with.

My 4 year old son insisted on going to get some wood a friend had, he said it was only a few limbs. Ha We got two loads and still have 6 loads left . It was cut last winter oak and pecan mixed, man I'm glad to have my saws back. Anyway to my point we got it home and started stacking it yesterday and true to form my boy wanted to help. And he did until he slipped on a piece that was busted and busted his knee, it was very close to stitches but I couldn't see putting him through that so we steri-stripped it back together, and he is resting up today. He told his mama and me to leave that piece of wood alone that he would take care of it when he was well. Tough AS A LIGHTER KNOT.

Tell the little one An Unkle Frank Rep Inbound!

Don't waste your money on sutures for a knee, chicks don't look at your knees much.

Flush that wound daily with clean warm water and on 4 year old it should heal in 3 days. Tetnus shot up to date???

Good score!! My 6 year old stays away from the wood pile, I don't want him and his buddies playing king of the log pile and knocking all my wood down.

Notice it's the wood pile falling over and not the kid falling off he is worried about.... Haha I got a lil one on the way and can't wait to have him help with firewood like I did with my dad.

Thanks again he got a kick out of being the topic of conversation. I have read every post to him today several times.Pp

Good kid, good dad.
But "TOUGH AS A LIGHTER KNOT" ?????? Ask him what's up with that ?:monkey:

tetanus shots are usually given around 2 months of age and up to 5 yrs at latest with a booster shot recommended every ten yrs unless a injury requires it before the ten yrs is up..

I have a grandson that's 5 years old, he likes to help grandpa do firewood, grandma bought him a battery powered Stihl chainsaw that makes noise, but he can't under why it won't throw chips like grandpas,
He always wants to sharpen it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Kids are great, grand kids are super.

Might have to get that young man a pair of britches as tough as him-I try to find my little guys some used Carhartts on eBay. Used=Cheaper, softer, and still tough enough to protect them a little bit better.
HB

Back