Busy weekends by my slow standards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCR 3 EVER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Two weekends ago we split a little more than 1 face cord of wood in one weekend. putting 1.5 hrs on splitter spanning 2 days. Recuperate
THis is VERY slow by everyone else's speed they post on this forum, but it is the BEST speed I can do and all I can do.

This weekend during the 3 days we built a wood rack for the firewood approx. 12 ft long. and 3 ft wide so we can put 2 piles on it. It is still not done.

My carrying weight limit is now 8-10# max. We will probably be okay with amount of wood for this year for the fireplace, but next year we will be surely lacking since I can not use a chainsaw effectively. Unless my wife learns how to use our smaller saw.

This really sucks since I was finally starting to feel a little bit better after 10 years of suffering if I took it easy, then some stupid :censored: kid shoves some shopping carts into my back and I have a confirmed (x-rays, MRI clearly show damage) case of a slipped vertebrae and pinching nerves. Now I am back to square -1 prior to the fusion. :cry::cry:

Thank goodness my wife is handy with construction and splitting since she was building the rack and will have to build other stuff this year also. With all my meds I can't figure anything out anymore and actually slow the building process down.

I pray I do NOT need a third surgery to correct the problem.

Ah yes the shopping cart incident. I remember. That sucks dude. If I was near ya Id pitch in and help. Your not the first guy that has praised his wife for being strong and picking up the slack. I hope you get better.:)

Latest posts

Back